• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Just wondering what you guys think about the Romanian Dragunov-type Rifle. Dad has been interested in getting one to accentuate his AK-style rifle collection, but he doesnt want to spend that much money on a rifle that isnt 'up to par' so to speak.

So, guys and gals, any first hand experience with this weapon system would be most appreciated.

TIA!!!

Brad
    Hurley's Gold

codygjohnson

Eats breakfast everyday
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    Flower Mound
    I've handled two of these type rifles, one Romanian and the other a Zastava 76. The Romanian PSL rifle was a little “rougher” than the Yugo, but they were both sturdy rifles none the less. It’s hard to compare those two other than fit and finish, they’re chambered in different calibers. Both had PSO type optics and both were currently (at the time) in-service combat rifles, but neither of them had outstanding accuracy. Could’ve been the quality of ammo or maintenance in Pakistan at the time, but I’ve heard others say the same thing about them. Serviceable accuracy for what they were made for, but not a “sniper” rifle. Norma makes a 7.62x54r that gets good reviews out of folks that shoot these or Nagants, but they run about $2 a round. I’d say go for it if he wants it for the “cool factor”, not if he’s looking for a serious shooter.

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Its mainly something to complete his AK collection: AK-22, AK-47, AK-74 and an SVD type rifle. He has two of the four, the .22 and -47 but is looking to get the other two for just like you said, the coolness factor....

308nato

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Between Tomball & Waller
    I have the Romanian in7.62x54 and shoot milsurp ammo and can generaly
    keep my rounds within a 6 inch shoot an see target at 100 yds.
    I really need to see if I can have the trigger smoothed out some
    as it throws me off some times.I think AIM still has them for
    around 580.00 or close to it.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Its mainly something to complete his AK collection: AK-22, AK-47, AK-74 and an SVD type rifle. He has two of the four, the .22 and -47 but is looking to get the other two for just like you said, the coolness factor....

The PSL/Romak III isn't an SVD-type. It's a modified RPK design.

Like someone else said: accuracy isn't anything to write home about. It's not a sniper rifle, it's a support weapon.

Top Bottom