Ronald Reagan, then and still relative.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by navyguy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Had occasion to revisit “The Speech” given by Ronald Reagan during the 64 campaign. For those younger folks that haven’t seen or heard this, it is a classic, and the issues are still relative today. IMO BO couldn’t hold a candle this RR in his prime.

A blast from the past.

YouTube - Ronald Reagan Speech - 1964 Republican National Convention

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Great speech. The Harvard crack, setting up around 11:40 was pretty funny.

The constant liberal drip - drip - drip has worn sensible people down. Power hungry politicians did us no favors either. I don't see another RR in our near future. Time for us regular citizens to start speaking up and speaking out.

Tea Party on tax day ... 4/15

3. 2Shots1Wound

2Shots1Wound Active Member

Apr 1, 2009
    Great post. Reagan inspires me to this day.

4. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Being born in '79 the earliest President I was aware of was Bush Sr. And at the time, I didn't comprehend much in the world of politics. It's great to see this speech by Reagan. I only hear anecdotal accounts of the man, but to see him in action is incredible.

5. markas70

markas70 New Member

Sep 28, 2008
    Austin

[​IMG]'Here's my strategy on the Cold War:We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
    - Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
    - Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the
    U.S.was too strong.'
    - Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.'
    - Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'

- Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'

- Ronald Reagan< /SPAN>

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.'
    - Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'
    - Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.'
    - Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'
    - Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'
    - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.'

-Ronald Reagan

6. Starker

Starker Active Member

I love RR, but I read somewhere that he did sign a gun-control bill in '86(?). Is this true? I was too young during the '80s to pay attention to politics.