Ronald Reagan, then and still relative.

DCortez

TGT Addict
Jan 28, 2009
Houston, Cy-Fair
Great speech. The Harvard crack, setting up around 11:40 was pretty funny.

The constant liberal drip - drip - drip has worn sensible people down. Power hungry politicians did us no favors either. I don't see another RR in our near future. Time for us regular citizens to start speaking up and speaking out.

Tea Party on tax day ... 4/15

Shorts

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Mar 28, 2008
Texas
Being born in '79 the earliest President I was aware of was Bush Sr. And at the time, I didn't comprehend much in the world of politics. It's great to see this speech by Reagan. I only hear anecdotal accounts of the man, but to see him in action is incredible.

markas70

Sep 28, 2008
Austin

'Here's my strategy on the Cold War:We win, they lose.'- Ronald Reagan

'The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
- Ronald Reagan

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
- Ronald Reagan

'Of the four wars in my lifetime, none came about because the
U.S.was too strong.'
- Ronald Reagan

'I have wondered at times about what the Ten Commandments would have looked like if Moses had run them through the U.S. Congress.'
- Ronald Reagan

'The taxpayer: That's someone who works for the federal government but doesn't have to take the civil service examination.'

- Ronald Reagan

'Government is like a baby: An alimentary canal with a big appetite at one end and no sense of responsibility at the other.'

- Ronald Reagan< /SPAN>

'The nearest thing to eternal life we will ever see on this earth is a government program.'
- Ronald Reagan

'It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first.'
- Ronald Reagan

'Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.'
- Ronald Reagan

'Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed, there are many rewards; if you disgrace yourself, you can always write a book.'
- Ronald Reagan

'No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women.'
- Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.'

-Ronald Reagan

Starker

Mar 11, 2009
The High Ground of Texas
I love RR, but I read somewhere that he did sign a gun-control bill in '86(?). Is this true? I was too young during the '80s to pay attention to politics.

Top Bottom