• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rapid Fire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    H-Town
    Went to the gun show this past weekend and picked up a Roni G1. CAA Tactical | RONI: The Pistol-Carbine | RONI-G1

While buying Optics for it i was advised that i can register this as an AOW and only have to pay $5.00 (after filing the proper docs and getting a CLEO or Judge to sign a form). If this is not possible i'll have to pay $200.00 to register it with ATF. If anyone has any insight on this topic please advise. I thank you 195 times!!!!
    ARJ Defense ad

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    You will have to register your Glock, not that thing, as an SBR and pay the $200 tax. Until you get the paperwork back possessing that and a compatible Glock in the same location is a felony.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Actually if the total completed unit is 26" in total length, or more (with stock extended), and the barrel is a complete 16"+ unit, and you NEVER disassemble it ... the gun is legit. You may convert a pistol into a rifle, but you may not convert a rifle into a pistol without the AOW stamp. I think he was talking about the AOW stamp as converting it back would make the Glock technically an AOW, so by registering it ... you are covered.

Now if the unit had a barrel length under 16" you'd have to register the rifle as an SBR, and the pistol as an AOW. You'd have two Form 1s, with a total of $205 in taxes.

Not sure where you could find a 16" Glock barrel, or how you'd get it to work with the tilting action.

Rapid Fire

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    H-Town
    Have you guys had any feed back on this "Roni G1"??? I havent fired it as yet. I'm a lil nervous to take it anywhere as yet without having the proper docs.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    Have you guys had any feed back on this "Roni G1"??? I havent fired it as yet. I'm a lil nervous to take it anywhere as yet without having the proper docs.

Are you serious?

If you place a Glock into that thing and you are caught without paperwork you are committing a 3rd degree felony in Texas, in addition to the Federal felony. That's 2-10 and no guns ever again, plus whatever the Feds decide to do with you.

I think you are BSing about this.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    roni__weapons.jpg

magicman19

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I wanted to know if you do end up paying the tax and it is registered as a SBR, then can you always remove the "roni g1" system and continue carrying your glock as a concealed weapon? or would it be considered carrying a SBR. Basically what I am trying to ask is, once you register the glock as an sbr, can you continue carrying it as a concealed handgun? Thanks

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I wanted to know if you do end up paying the tax and it is registered as a SBR, then can you always remove the "roni g1" system and continue carrying your glock as a concealed weapon? or would it be considered carrying a SBR. Basically what I am trying to ask is, once you register the glock as an sbr, can you continue carrying it as a concealed handgun? Thanks

Yep

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Yes, feds define the SBR, Texas defines the CHL\Handgun. BTW I like these:

IMG_2148.jpg

But for less $$ I'd jump straight to one of these:
    109917567.gif

Top Bottom