• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Every root canal I've had the ended up having to pull the tooth anyway. The money I spent on those canals I could have pulled all 5 teeth and at least gotten ONE implant.
    Have you learned the lesson yet? It will keep repeating until you do.;)

Attachments

• featured-img-of-post-199257.jpg
      featured-img-of-post-199257.jpg
      55.8 KB · Views: 40

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I have one tooth that gives me issues on occasion. It will be pulled. I'll won't get a root canal. I didn't know until recently that a root canal doesn't last forever, 10 years is the average.

Dentures and implants are probably in my future so screw it. No plan to invest too much on a single tooth.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I don't plan on ever getting a root canal. I will go straight to an implant. I do have a biased opinion towards implants so don't listen to me.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Well just had that POS tooth pulled.
    Taking half the day off at home to chill.
    I go back in April to start the 2 week process of the bridge
    They took an impression today before they pulled it for the lab

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Last one I had done they said they had to destroy two good teeth on either side to do the bridge. Why destroy two other good teeth to kind of save that one? Implant was the way to go for me. Pulled just the bad one and replaced it alone. Some dentists I have spoken with said leaving a hole there with no tooth isn't a good thing either.

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    Last one I had done they said they had to destroy two good teeth on either side to do the bridge. Why destroy two other good teeth to kind of save that one? Implant was the way to go for me. Pulled just the bad one and replaced it alone. Some dentists I have spoken with said leaving a hole there with no tooth isn't a good thing either.
    Destroy?..lol

They shape them so the bridge fits on them..Ive had a bridge from 2005 and its just fine.
    Its a porcelain cap that covers the 2 teeth on each side and has the replacement tooth built in..forming the bridge

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Well I got it all done in one go I was in the dentist chair for 12 hours. I was awake, I'm a tougher SOB than I look like ;-) Dentist said he'd never seen someone do that many canals and stay awake much less not complain.

I had all 4 wisdom teeth pulled, at the same time, before I got out of the Army. Returned to duty too. Not fun.

I got out to sleep for that procedure. Easy peasy.
    Never had a root canal, but I had my wisdom teeth out in my early 20's. Uppers were super fast and easy, lowers were severely impacted and had to come out in pieces. That bang is pretty loud in your head when they snap.

Did mine under a local anesthetic. The mental part of it must be what gets to people, because I didn't have much pain or discomfort. I actually had the surgeon show me the uppers because I didn't believe it when he moved to the lowers so quickly. The lower sockets bled for quite a while until my g/f went and bought tea bags to bite down on.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    Never had a root canal, but I had my wisdom teeth out in my early 20's. Uppers were super fast and easy, lowers were severely impacted and had to come out in pieces. That bang is pretty loud in your head when they snap.

Did mine under a local anesthetic. The mental part of it must be what gets to people, because I didn't have much pain or discomfort. I actually had the surgeon show me the uppers because I didn't believe it when he moved to the lowers so quickly. The lower sockets bled for quite a while until my g/f went and bought tea bags to bite down on.

The crunch and drill sounds I think freak people out and they get psyched out in their own head. Once they put local drugs in you, the pain is almost 0. My main problem is not talking because I want to ask the dentist whats going on and really id love to watch it happen if they can get a camera to show me that would be awesome.

striker55

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2021
    Katy
    Last time I had a tooth pulled doctor tried then said I'm going to break it and take it out in pieces. Didn't feel a thing but the cracking didn't sound good.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Last time I had a tooth pulled doctor tried then said I'm going to break it and take it out in pieces.
    Dentist told me that. I asked him to try again just one more time. He did and I didn't feel a thing as the tooth came out. The complete lack of sensation after he'd spent so much time pushing, pulling repositioning tools, etc. was very, very weird.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I was given excellent dental care while a Warrant Officer Candidate, as Enlisted Soldier the care was not good.

Root canals were a pain.
    The care was okay, just as active duty, they didn't want to sedate due to sending you back to duty. Just trying to get them removed before being discharged.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    Destroy?..lol

They shape them so the bridge fits on them..Ive had a bridge from 2005 and its just fine.
    Its a porcelain cap that covers the 2 teeth on each side and has the replacement tooth built in..forming the bridge
    Not destroy I guess but severely ground down to the nub they affix them to. No need for any of that with an implant. Leave the healthy teeth alone and just take care of the ones that need attention.

Top Bottom