• AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Giant_sucking_sound

"In the second 1992 Presidential Debate, Ross Perot argued:

"We have got to stop sending jobs overseas. It's pretty simple: If you're paying $12, $13, $14 an hour for factory workers and you can move your factory South of the border, pay a dollar an hour for labor, ... have no health care—that's the most expensive single element in making a car— have no environmental controls, no pollution controls and no retirement, and you don't care about anything but making money, there will be a giant sucking sound going south.

" ... when [Mexico's] jobs come up from a dollar an hour to six dollars an hour, and ours go down to six dollars an hour, and then it's leveled again. But in the meantime, you've wrecked the country with these kinds of deals.[1]

"Perot ultimately lost the election, and the winner, Bill Clinton, supported NAFTA, which went into effect on January 1, 1994."

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    "Perot ultimately lost the election, and the winner, Bill Clinton, supported NAFTA, which went into effect on January 1, 1994."
    I still remember the way the Manbearpig treated Rear Admiral James Stockdale during the debates. It was at that moment I thought the Manbearpig's commie ass needed to endure what Stockdale did as a POW, or at least shot!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Best known for putting Clinton in office. Gee thanks
    I will have to disagree with you there.

Read my lips, no new taxes.........

1989 Executive Order Import Ban

GHWB put Clinton in office. Did Ross Perot take some votes , yep. But a whole lot of people said screw it, I’ll stay home.

All that statist country club republican cocksucker had to do to stay in office was stay with Regan’s template.

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I will have to disagree with you there.

Read my lips, no new taxes.........

1989 Executive Order Import Ban

GHWB put Clinton in office. Did Ross Perot take some votes , yep. But a whole lot of people said screw it, I’ll stay home.

All that statist country club republican cocksucker had to do to stay in office was stay with Regan’s template.

You can't argue with that. You also can't argue with the fact that this country would have been much better off with Perot at the helm rather than Bush or Clinton.

RIP to a good man who cared about his employees.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Wonder if Trump learned things from Perots campaign. Might be the reason Trump got his name out there on TV doing shit like The Apprentice & Miss Whatever contest.

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Wonder if Trump learned things from Perots campaign. Might be the reason Trump got his name out there on TV doing shit like The Apprentice & Miss Whatever contest.

I was listening to Michael Berry on the drive home and he was discussing elements of Trump's campaign that were similar to Perot's. It was an interesting listen. He also played several clips from Perot's speeches.

Modern day Democrats sound very similar to Perot on trickle down economics and accumulation of wealth by the 1%.

Reinz

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 5, 2014
    East TX
    I had several conversations with the man. A real down to earth guy. If you didn’t know better, you would think he was an average white collar wage earner. From what I saw, he treated everyone the same, with respect rather than holier than thou.

Top Bottom