• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Looking at the 1996 election results, even if all of Perot's votes went to Dole, he would have still lost hands down. You can't blame Perot for that one. This is from a member of another forum.

So, look at all the states that went Democrat with a narrow enough margin to put them over on the Republican side if Perot had not been in the race, and if we assume that 100 percent of the Perot voters would have otherwise voted for Dole, we have these states and their electoral votes:

Arizona, 8
    Florida, 25
    Kentucky, 8
    Missouri, 11
    Nevada, 4
    New Hampshire, 4
    Ohio, 21
    Oregon, 7
    Pennsylvania, 23
    Tennessee, 11
    Wisconsin, 11

That's a total of 133 electoral votes. Clinton got 379 electoral votes. Dole got 159. So Clinton got 220 more electoral votes than Dole got. The absolute highest possible number of electoral votes Perot allegedly "stole" from Dole is 133, which would have made zero difference in the outcome of the election.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I'll let the dirt settle before piling on.

I guess he deserves that much.

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I will have to disagree with you there.

Read my lips, no new taxes.........

1989 Executive Order Import Ban

GHWB put Clinton in office. Did Ross Perot take some votes , yep. But a whole lot of people said screw it, I’ll stay home.

All that statist country club republican cocksucker had to do to stay in office was stay with Regan’s template.

You can't argue with that. You also can't argue with the fact that this country would have been much better off with Perot at the helm rather than Bush or Clinton.

RIP to a good man who cared about his employees.

A lot of truth right there.

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    Rush Limbaugh said Perot had a personal bone to pick with Bush Sr. over a military operation.

Apparently, the government asked Perot to fund an off-the-books military operation to free some POWs in Vietnam in the 1980's during Reagan's presidency. Perot agreed to fund it, but wanted to be involved in the planning and execution of it. The government said "no dice." So Perot pulled out. The man in charge of the project, who nixed Perot's involvement, was Bush Sr.

Limbaugh, who had a lot of respect for Perot, said he nicknamed Perot "The Little Hand Grenade with a Bad Haircut."

Dash Riprock

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    Didn't he head up some education group in the 80's that resulted in the No Pass No Play rule and maybe even the beginning of standardized testing?

I also remember him donating money to save the Treaty Oak after some idiot poisoned it for no reason. That was pretty cool of him given that he didn't really have a connection to Austin that I am aware of.

That said, he could venture into Alex Jones territory on occasion.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Say what you want about Bush sr but that man held the key to all the skeletons and closets in DC. I hoped he would do a bit of talking about a few things. Alas, in that regard hell most regards, hes a better man than modern intel people.

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    I voted for him. Around Denison & Lake Texoma he was a champion of our community. So many stories of his involvement & action to make our community better. As successful and recognizable as he was and just story after story of how he would approach locals to just have a conversation weather that was in Dave’s Ski & Tackle convenience store or at a boat dock getting fuel. Grayson County loved this man and I think he genuinely loved the area. This was a good man. RIP

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Ross helped my daughter get a disability status upgrade for her husband. Her husband is a Marine that developed a brain tumor (cancer) while on active duty. Resulting surgeries and chemo treatments have left him confined to a wheel chair or a walker. The government was going to only give them a 10% disability.
    My daughter contacted Ross and he intervened on their behalf. After many letters and phone calls the government relented gave him a 100% disability.

I met Ross about ten years ago. I was working part-time in the gun department of a local sporting goods store on the weekends.
    One Saturday there was a muttering going around the store. Finally I saw that Ross had come into the store to shop. He proceeded to by a $3 pair of athletic socks and leave. About one hour later he returns to get his money back. It takes about 20 minutes to drive from the store to the area where Ross lived. He spent almost 45 minutes in his car to return a $3 pair of socks. After his exchange he came to our gun department for some ammo. We talked to him for about 10 minutes. He was an honest and funny guy.
    His ideas for government overhaul was just too radical. Too many people riding the gravy train to have someone like Ross get elected.

Top Bottom