Patriot Mobile

ROUND COUNT & WHAT SHOULD I LOOK OUT FOR IN A SEMI?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    Whichever pistol you decide to go with, I highly suggest you find a competent gunsmith to look it over.
    It is far better to spend a few dollars, than loose a few fingers or an eye.

Test firing something is very important also, that is unless you have a lot of money and can afford to buy things you may find unappealing later on.
    Guns International

Bowyer

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2017
    I don't care how many rounds each gun has been shot. I just look at the overall condition.
    When selling a gun and people ask me what the round count is I just pull a number out of the air.

I have this old Beretta 92fs police trade in that has countless amounts of ammo through it but it runs like a champ.

Buy quality guns and don't worry about round count.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    A quality firearm that is not maintained can be dangerous. The number of rounds in a well maintained firearm
    is generally not an issue.
    Example:
    I have a Springfield "Loaded" that I have owned for many, many years. It has had over 30K rounds down the pipe during this time. It is all original.
    I keep track of the round count, so I will know when to replace the springs or the extractor.
    A few years ago I returned this pistol to Springfield for a minor repair. The primer pockets on several of my reloads allow hot gas to escape and burn a small ring around the firing pin hole in the breech. While it was at Springfield, the Service Manager called to talk to me about the recommended repairs. During this conversation I told him about the round count this pistol had received. I asked him if they could give it a once over while it was there and then give me the results. The guy called back in a couple of days and told me the pistol retained over 95% of its original specs and tolerances. He asked me who had done the trigger work on my pistol. I said "you did". I told him it was just the result of 30K cycles. He laughed and said "we charge a lot of money to make a trigger that nice". Probably less that the 30K rounds it took to get it that way.
    Anyway, I am not a gunsmith. Probably few on this sight are gunsmiths either. I still recommend you find something you like. Then have it checked out by a competent gunsmith. A quality firearm will give you better service and length of life than will a less well made firearm.
    It is your money and your choice. Good Luck with whatever you get.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gilly
    Top Bottom