• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    Hey, in 1972 I was attacked in a Dallas Pizza hut parking lot. It was an attempted carjacking (1969 Corvette) a man ran from the front and pinned me with the door while I was entering the car, a man came from behind and grabbed me around the neck.. I drew my 1911 from the driver's door pouch with my only free arm and fired between my foot and the front assailants foot.. the 5 Hispanics all ran across I 35. 6 lanes! I did not even see the other three until they ran. Yes poor SA on my 22 year old self. However without a round in the chamber I would have at least lost my car and maybe worse. Just one of many valid perspectives.
    Have you still got the Vette?
    Target Sports

Wallace Dunn

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Odessa, TX

Wallace Dunn

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2020
    Odessa, TX
    The oil stains in my garage aren't from the harley, some of them are from the previous owner, some from my own mistakes while changing oil for the previous car (mx5).

I read over the internet that "all Harley models leak" and that "it'll wreck your jeans on the knee piece". Never had either occur to me so far. Just another reminder that no necessarily everything you read online is an absolute source of truth, people tend to get polarized and opinionated.

My iron 883 has been a treat, I replaced my ninja with it since I figured I'd rather have my bike slowing me down than me slowing the bike down. It's a stupid machine: heavy, slow (compared to bikes), small gas tank and relatively (again, for bike) high fuel consumption - and I absolutely love it. Brings me joy and smiles every time I take it out.

The funny thing - I'm not even a "harley guy", I just adore this specific model, I guess because it's relatively small and all blacked out. View attachment 214178
    For many years I carried around a chunk of black plastic that looked just like a major oil leak. I had a lot of fun with friends putting it under their bikes and pointing out the major leak...

clawmarks

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2020
    austin, tx
    No one is telling you (or anyone) what to do, the quote was about what I am trying to do - but apparently even that very simple disclaimer was too much for some to comprehend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Army 1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Dallas Texas or so
    How does one carry a DA revolver for self defense without a round in the chamber?

Makes no sense to carry any self defense handgun in a way that doesn't let you immediately defend yourself

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    No one is telling you (or anyone) what to do, the quote was about what I am trying to do - but apparently even that very simple disclaimer was too much for some to comprehend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I just cant comprehend why you are forcing me not to debate.

Top Bottom