Join TexasGunTalk

Round rock gun show no more??

Discussion in 'Austin' started by country_boy, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Armybrat

Armybrat Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Looks like Premier is sticking pretty much to the Metroplex area, except for a couple of shows in Houston & the one in Waco.

2. Charlie

Charlie Kinda' Sorta' Literate TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County
    "Touching" guns seems to be the only benefit these days. Occasionally one can find a deal on an older gun but that is getting scarce.

3. Armybrat

Armybrat Active Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Seems the last Premier show I attended in Round Rock was over a year ago. It was the best one in the Austin area in many years....

14_DBA57_D_E450_44_D8_A27_F_F231_D902459_C.jpg

majormadmax likes this.
  4. ShootTheBreeze

ShootTheBreeze Active Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Round Rock, TX
    I got this today in my email:
    upload_2018-3-13_9-40-17.png

BubbaJon and majormadmax like this.
  5. Dash Riprock

Dash Riprock Well-Known

Jan 8, 2009
    Austin
    I got the same e-mail. I was a little confused because the last time I checked the website, which was a month or so ago, they had no shows listed at all for Austin/Round Rock.

Does anybody have more details about the negligent discharge? I thought they gave up because of scheduling problems like they had with the Cedar Park Center.

This is a real shame. That was a very good show. Now we don't have anything, and per their website they aren't even going to San Antonio any more.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  6. DwnRange

DwnRange Active Member

Jan 5, 2015
    This is all I can find (written in the comment section of link below)

It was a good event, but one of the vendors accidentally fired his weapon and scared everyone in the whole place. The sign clearly stated as we walked in NO LOADED guns in event area. Just wondering why he was aloud in with loaded weapon!!!!!!!

https://10times.com/austin-gun-show

7. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Nope, Premier ended their San Antonio shows in June last year due to poor attendance and issues with the venue (owned by Bexar county). They said they hope to come back sometime in the future, but given SAXET's grasp on the gun show market here, I am not holding out too much hope as this was the second time they (Premier) tried. That's a real shame as the Premier shows were far better and had a greater variety than SAXET (which seems to have lost a few good vendors when we went earlier this month). I think it's just the way of the gun show, they can't compete with online vendors. I am still a fan of them, but it looks like our only options in this part of Texas are SAXET and the smaller promoters which target the areas not served by the large shows... :(

8. Darkpriest667

Darkpriest667 Well-Known

Jan 13, 2017
    Fort Worth
    a Vendor.. a VENDOR... idiot.

9. pharmaco

pharmaco Give me those potatoes

Apr 2, 2013
    Round Rock
    Are you ok there?

10. dsgrey

dsgrey Active Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    Hope a bunch of liberals don't decide to discharge a firearm at every gun show in the country. A quick and effective way to end most gun shows.

seeker_two and majormadmax like this.