• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kbiggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    san angelo, Tx
    am tryin to get rid of my RRA LAR-15 in the san angelo tx area and am not having any luck. I dont want to part with it but need the money but I refuse to loose my a$$ in the deal. Is there just not a market for assault rifles in this area?
    ARJ Defense ad

pigdave

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    Fort Worth
    I guess it depends on how much you're asking for it. People who frequent this forum tend to be pretty savvy when it comes to guns and what constitutes a fair price. Unfortunately, if you bought your rifle during the initial Obama scare when prices were sky high, chances are slim you'll get that money back. If you can't sell for a good price, just hold on to it, though. I've made the mistake of wanting funds for something and selling a nice gun for lower than normal just to get the cash in a hurry. I always regret those sales later.

One thing you might do is trade for something (of equal value) that is usually always in demand. For instance, Glocks usually sell pretty quickly for fair prices. Maybe someone's got a few they'd be willing to trade you for (with some cash to even things up), and then you can turn around and sell those pretty easily.

Be reasonable and be patient. The right buyer will come along. If you try to do it all in a hurry, you'll probably make a bad deal.

kbiggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    san angelo, Tx
    I appreciate that, I got the rifle from a gentleman that works with my old man and was the armorer for the DPS and he ordered rifles for my dad and I from their supplier for a very reasonable price. I just don't know what a reasonable price would be for it. I originally posted it in some places for a grand and am thinking im going to have to come down

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    am tryin to get rid of my RRA LAR-15 in the san angelo tx area and am not having any luck. I dont want to part with it but need the money but I refuse to loose my a$$ in the deal. Is there just not a market for assault rifles in this area?

Most of us in this area stay WAY UTR with what we have and where we have it...but there are plenty of "black guns" in this area...Thanks for the pics, I'm putting the word out local for ya!

Oh, and welcome to the mayhem....great group of guys here, you'll enjoy...and probably learn a few things!

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    I appreciate that, I got the rifle from a gentleman that works with my old man and was the armorer for the DPS and he ordered rifles for my dad and I from their supplier for a very reasonable price. I just don't know what a reasonable price would be for it. I originally posted it in some places for a grand and am thinking im going to have to come down

With something like that getting it sold for what it's worth sometimes just takes patience ,especially these days. But I have been in the same situation where I needed money and had to let go of a few guns at less then I ought to, and my advice is, if you can hang on to it in any way I would. You could also break it up too... I know sometimes that may add a bit of extra legwork, but it's an idea.

Good luck and hope everything works out either way.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    I guess you could list it for sale in the classified section for $100 under what you paid for it and see if it gets any nibbles... unless $100 under what you paid is still $200 over what they currently sell for new... then good luck...

kbiggs

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    san angelo, Tx
    Did I get a sudden whiff of sacrasm? Got the rifle appraised by 3 different gunsmiths between yesterday and today, definetly not asking over what is worth. See if you can really try and not let it happen again, stay in Austin and keep it weird

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    FYI - From BLUEBOOK ONLINE:

Just FYI -

From Bluebook Online:

ENTRY TACTICAL - .223 Rem. cal., forged A4 upper receiver, 16 in. Wilson chromemoly R-4 heavy barrel, detachable tactical carry handle, A2 flash hider, two-stage match trigger, Hogue rubber pistol grip, R-4 handguard with double heat shields, six-position tactical CAR stock, 7 1/2 lbs.

MSR $995

Grading
    100% = $925
    98% = $810
    95% = $695
    90% = $630
    80% = $510
    70% = $415
    60% = $325

Subtract $80 if w/o carry handle/mount.
    Add $40 for chrome lined barrel.

Jason

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Austiin area
    Did I get a sudden whiff of sacrasm? Got the rifle appraised by 3 different gunsmiths between yesterday and today, definetly not asking over what is worth. See if you can really try and not let it happen again, stay in Austin and keep it weird

Not really sarcasm... your post asked simply if there was a market for an item that you post no pics showing condition, no real description of condition, options, round counts, or what you would like to get for it...

I don't know how anyone was supposed to respond to your post....

Weird... you don't even know the half of it... ;) I live outside of Austin... too many liberals there for my taste.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I originally posted it in some places for a grand and am thinking im going to have to come down

Just my opinion, and no offense, but higher quality, brand new AR's can be had for only a bit more money, so I'd agree that your price is too high.

West Texas

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2010
    Texas!
    I made contact with this guy and put him in touch with a friend who was looking for an AR...it sold today for $900.00

Top Bottom