• ...and so much more!
  • easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I went out and shot my 10/22 again today and I can't really say how much I love these upgrades, it just shoots so nice now.

So that I can store it in it's bag, I have QD rings on my scope. I was surprised that I didn't need to adjust the scope much after putting the rifle together. I shot over 200 rounds into the first target, but I didn't think to take that one down before putting up the next. I put about 50 rounds into this one:
    0915181452.jpg

The hole on the outside of the target is from the staples. All shots were within the diamonds. Now I don't think I'm a bad shot, but I also know I'm not as steady as I once was. I also used a much steadier table this time and moved about 10' further back (about 100 feet).

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    Having never shot with the upgraded trigger, does it make that much of a difference?
    YES. The break of the trigger, trigger pull feel and trigger pull weight are some things I really like about an upgraded trigger. The reset is another thing that changes and it’s often overlooked.

Buy the trigger you want and can afford. Ruger BX? It’s ok. VQ? Better.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    My final upgrade, for now, just came, Adaptive Tactical TK22 buttstock:
    0927181939.jpg

Not sure it will make it shoot better, but it sure feels better shouldering it. Plus it extends out about an inch further, which I like.

Last edited:

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    Don't know how I missed this thread. That's a good looking and obviously a good shooting rifle. Bring it to the meet with lots of ammo! Hah!
    Now you need to get a suppressor for it! :green:
    Get a suppressor for your .223 and it will work on that also.

mleroyl

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 23, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    Great...now I want to trick out the girls two 10/22 takedowns
    ... because why not...
    The “...what part of spending spending a $1,000 to turn a $300 rifle into a $400 rifle doesn’t make sense...” resonates perfectly on one hand...but the journey to tacticool badass plinker seems like so much fun.
    Jeez ... I think I have a problem...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I don't know about the $400 part. Although I have no intention of selling, I would like to think it's worth a bit more then $400, but it is fun to see the results of what a firearm could become.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    This thread made me (and I am sticking to that story) start a 10/22 build. Just ordered the brownells BRN-22 barreled receiver. This will be my first 10/22 rifle. I have always had Marlin semi auto .22lr’s.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    This thread made me (and I am sticking to that story) start a 10/22 build. Just ordered the brownells BRN-22 barreled receiver. This will be my first 10/22 rifle. I have always had Marlin semi auto .22lr’s.
    Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Marlin semi-auto .22LR rifles. I've got a stainless Pappoose, a Glenfield 70 (converted to 795 specs), and Model 60. All of them shoot great. I've got two 10/22 takedowns--pistol and rifle--but I still prefer the Marlins overall.

Darqhelmet

You had one job, one.
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2018
    Kaufman County
    Absolutely NOTHING wrong with the Marlin semi-auto .22LR rifles. I've got a stainless Pappoose, a Glenfield 70 (converted to 795 specs), and Model 60. All of them shoot great. I've got two 10/22 takedowns--pistol and rifle--but I still prefer the Marlins overall.

I have a Pappoose and a 795 with a Simmons rimfire scope. Love both of them, but after market is a bit lite. I am going to enjoy being able to grab just about any random part I can think about and adding it to the build. The 795 are boringly accurate.

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I have a Pappoose and a 795 with a Simmons rimfire scope. Love both of them, but after market is a bit lite. I am going to enjoy being able to grab just about any random part I can think about and adding it to the build. The 795 are boringly accurate.
    Gotta love the microgroove barrels. ;)

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I know in one of my last posts I said it was my final upgrade, but I should never say final.

I was looking into how to reduce my failure to fires, and found that the firing pin in the ruger bolt, although I did change that out with a Volquartsen firing pin, is not pinned to the forward part of the bolt which allows movement. I was looking at the Volquartsen bolt and saw that it is pinned and was planning on buying one. Before buying I decided to look into the reviews. After reading many reviews I found that many sites had higher recommendations for the Kidd bolt. I looked into the Kidd bolt and saw that it is actually about half the price of the Volquartsen, so I decided to go with the Kidd, and here it is:
    1012181315.jpg
    1012181341a.jpg
    1012181341.jpg

I hope to try out the new bolt at the meet tomorrow.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Chasewhat0
    Top Bottom