• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    I know in one of my last posts I said it was my final upgrade, but I should never say final.

I was looking into how to reduce my failure to fires, and found that the firing pin in the ruger bolt, although I did change that out with a Volquartsen firing pin, is not pinned to the forward part of the bolt which allows movement. I was looking at the Volquartsen bolt and saw that it is pinned and was planning on buying one. Before buying I decided to look into the reviews. After reading many reviews I found that many sites had higher recommendations for the Kidd bolt. I looked into the Kidd bolt and saw that it is actually about half the price of the Volquartsen, so I decided to go with the Kidd, and here it is:
    View attachment 150878 View attachment 150880 View attachment 150881
    I hope to try out the new bolt at the meet tomorrow.

Are you also using the Kidd Rod/Spring kit to go with it?
    ARJ Defense ad

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Been thinking about the Magpul stock for mine. I like how they clip onto each other.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Been thinking about the Magpul stock for mine. I like how they clip onto each other.
    I was going between several, but decided to go with the integrated barrel and forend with the scope mount from Volquartsen. Having the scope mount coming off the forend is supposed to keep better accuracy.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Let us know how it works. I am still piecing mine together.
    Before the latest upgrade it shot fantastic. Had fun shooting rabbits with it, but I had sighted it out to over 100 yards, so the closer shots I was having a harder time with. I did have some FTF's so that's what led me to research it more and decide to change bolts.

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    No, it's a Volquartsen, that was one of my earlier upgrades.
    The Kidd kit is only $30, might be worth trying if you're still getting malfunctions...

https://www.coolguyguns.com/KIDD-Bolt-Handle-Charging-Assembly-With-Guide-Rod-Springs_p_34.html

Here's a pic of my TD:
    d4ac2b4ee8a54f0548806e26110be87c.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

CyberWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2018
    US
    Failure to fire, looked like it wasn't hitting right all the time. The bolt was closing fine. I'm very happy with all the Volquartsen upgrades.
    Yeah, that sounds more like the bolt/fp, but could also be hammer I'm thinking....I'm running VQ fcg parts and auto-bolt release, all are fantastic, and that spring/rod kit solved an fte/ftc problem on mine...

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Yeah, that sounds more like the bolt/fp, but could also be hammer I'm thinking....I'm running VQ fcg parts and auto-bolt release, all are fantastic, and that spring/rod kit solved an fte/ftc problem on mine...
    Yeah, I put the VQ tune up kit into the Ruger bolt I had in it. When I said it had some failure to fire issues, I didn't mean it was that often. I had just read in a few articles that the forward pinned bolts on the aftermarket bolts had less issues with failure to fire. I also have VQ auto-bolt release, works great.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom