• Sugar Land

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 7, 2012
    Sugar Land Texas
    What?

How does one coupled magazine (50 rounds) give me an advantage over two separate 25-round magazines? Maybe that's a better way to ask. The only time I can think of where it might be advantageous is if you're shining rabbits at night. LOL

That was my point. lol

fgarcia3441

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2013
    SA (Sea World Area)
    Why would my age mater? Back during the Contra conflict AK-47 magazine were tied together using black electric tape.

The duck tape was meant as a joke, lighten up is Friday and spring break is next week.

Sent from my SGH-T879 using Tapatalk 2

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    What?

How does one coupled magazine (50 rounds) give me an advantage over two separate 25-round magazines? Maybe that's a better way to ask. The only time I can think of where it might be advantageous is if you're shining rabbits at night. LOL

Ever see someone using mag clamps with their AR or AK? Ever see someone tape a pair of MP5 magazines together? Same principle. Saves time in the field because you don't need to screw with jamming the empty mag into a pouch/pocket, removing a full one, then ramming it home. Also comes in handy for plinking if you worry about losing/dropping a mag.

Not necessarily practical, but it could just be one of those "well, why the hell not?" creations, too. But then, there's obviously a market for them, otherwise I doubt Ruger would've bothered making them.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Ever see someone using mag clamps with their AR or AK? Ever see someone tape a pair of MP5 magazines together? Same principle. Saves time in the field because you don't need to screw with jamming the empty mag into a pouch/pocket, removing a full one, then ramming it home. Also comes in handy for plinking if you worry about losing/dropping a mag.

Not necessarily practical, but it could just be one of those "well, why the hell not?" creations, too. But then, there's obviously a market for them, otherwise I doubt Ruger would've bothered making them.

You plan on using your 10/22 in combat or training classes? Lol!!!

i understand the "why the hell not"....I have several coupled 10/22 Butler Creek mags from back in the day. I was asking about *practical* applications.

Doc Roe

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    I sure as hell don't. Those were just the only examples of a similar concept I could think of.

So far as practical applications, I really don't see any, other than that this is a (somewhat) cheaper, more reliable alternative to drum mags. Unless you plan on using these for hunting/pest control, or you're planning a hike and don't feel like carrying another mag in your pocket or pack..

Top Bottom