• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Picked up a Ruger 10/22 as a Christmas present. Great little rifle &.fun to shoot for virtually no money. I see that there are a billion accessories for them which certainly makes life fun. I intend to plink / target shoot with it... but like anything else I own, I'd like to "make it mine".

Anybody have a 10/22 that they have modified? I'd like your input on what you like and don't like. Any pictures?

Thanks!
    Capitol Armory ad

Rifleman55

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    The first thing that I would do is work on the trigger, You can tune the one that is there or get an aftermarket hammer. You can restock, rebarrel and do a number of other mods. rimfirecentral.com is the place to go for more information.

jimmy-buffett

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    I built mine as a platform to take my .22 suppressor, so I swapped the barrel with a Tactical Solutions threaded bull barrel that would take it. Swapping the barrel wasn't that hard, there are a couple of screws that hold it in tight, once you loosen those you can work the barrel out of the receiver without too much force.

Also, with the larger barrel I needed a new stock. I went with the Hogue Overmold stock. This thing is absolutely amazing, it has a hard frame underneath but all of the outer surface is the same rubber that they make their handgun grips out of. It's soft and easy to grip, but not sticky or awkward.

The last change I made was to replace the metal buffer pin with a polyurethane one. It's supposed to be easier on the gun, plus it's quieter than the metal-on-metal impact of the gun.

Now all of that ^^^ gave me a gun that will shoot 1-inch groups of subsonic ammo at 50 yards. With the silencer attached, the sound of the bullet hitting the target (wood, metal, trees etc) is louder than the sound of the gun firing. The only problem I'm having is that the subsonic ammo doesn't push the bolt back hard enough to strip rounds off of the high-capacity magazines that I bought for it. So basically I'm stuck with the stock 10-round magazine.

That's how I made my 10/22 fun. Most people probably wouldn't go that far :-).

The simple answer would be to buy a few high capacity magazines, a magazine loader (makes life much easier on the thumbs), and if you really want to have some fun, find a folding stock for it.

Buy a lot of .22 ammo and pull the trigger fast and often.

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Hmmm.... things to do to a 10/22.

As it happens I have a few:

Blued 10/17 Mach 2. Built on a blued 10/22 receiver and mated to a Green Mountain 96/22 sporter barrel and sitting in a factory full-length checkered hardwood stock, but again shortened to my tastes. It has a Magnum Research bolt handle, Volquartsen hammer, an Eagle extended mag release, and also wears a Simmons 1.5x-5x 32mm Pro Target scope in Simmons rings on a Weaver TO-9M base.

[FONT]
    1017C.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT] [/FONT]
    [FONT]Stainless 10/22 Carbine receiver mated to a Butler Creek 16.5” ultra-light barrel, sitting in a Butler Creek folding stock. It has a Volquartsen hammer, Eagle extended mag release, and wears an Eagle “Zephyr” receiver sight set. This is my answer to my Remington Nylon 77s, almost as light, and more verstile with better sights and a folding stock.
    [/FONT]

[FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT]
    1022FS-1.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT] [/FONT]
    [FONT]Blued 10/22 Carbine receiver, with a Volquartsen hammer, and mated to a, C&S Metal Werkes Ltd, “Krinker Plinker” conversion kit. It has a 16” barrel with faux suppressor, an eagle extended mag release, adjustable receiver sights and folding stock. Its my “just for fun” gun.
    [/FONT]

[FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT]
    1022KP.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT] [/FONT]
    [FONT]Stainless 10/22 Carbine receiver, mated to a Butler Creek .920” featherweight barrel wearing a Volquartsen “stabilization module”, nestled in a Ruger Deluxe walnut stock. It has a Volquartsen hammer, Eagle extended mag release, and is topped with a Tasco 1x 30mm Accu-Dot sight on a Weaver TO-9S base. This is my plinker, and built light for the wimmen in my family.
    [/FONT]

[FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT]
    1022LW.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT] [/FONT]
    [FONT]Stainless 10/22 International Carbine (Wal-Mart exclusive) with the full-length grey laminated stock shortened to my tastes. It has a bolt, barrel, and trigger group re-worked by Randy at CPC. It also has an Eagle extended mag release and wears a Simmons 1.5x-5x 32mm Pro Target scope in Simmons rings on a Weaver TO-9S base. This is my walking gun, for short range squirrel and rabbits, and general uses.
    [/FONT]

[FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT]
    1022RL.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT] [/FONT]
    [FONT]Stainless 10/22 Rifle (Wal-Mart exclusive) with the checkered birch stock. It has a Power Custom target hammer and an Eagle extended mag release. It wears a Leupold 3x-9x 40mm Vari-X II in Simmons rings on a factory Weaver-style base.[/FONT]

[FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT]
    1022TR2.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT]
    [/FONT] [FONT]Stainless 10/22 Rifle (Wal-Mart exclusive) with the checkered birch stock. Bolt and trigger group re-worked by Randy at CPC. It has an Eagle extended mag release and wears a Simmons 4.5x-14x 40mm (AO) in Tasco rings on a Power Custom base. ~ Its my turtle sniper. I use it to shoot turtles around my pond without leaving my work-room!
    [/FONT]

[FONT][/FONT]
    [FONT]
    1022TR.gif
    [/FONT]
    [FONT] [/FONT]

Top Bottom