• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    I have a question for the wizards here. I have a take down model presently and enjoy it with my granddaughter so no problems with it at all. The question is, if I wanted to make it a standard rifle sometime would the standard barrel fit it by removing the adapter that fits into the receiver? I also have a second take down on the way.

Thanks,

TM
    DK Firearms

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    I'm on my 3rd, takedown, lol

Pretty sure the answer is no. Where it mates together would have to be milled out.

Better to buy a cheap standard 22.

sent from my cell phone, far far away but still monitored by the NSA

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    Not a question of, I want to, just a question of how it is put together. Maybe sometime in the future I would like to upgrade the barrel for competition or whatever, who knows??? Thought some of the people on here that work on them all the time might know. I don't have a standard one to compare to.

TM

9x19

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    I own more than a few 10/22s but I haven't bought a Take Down, and probably never will.

For me, they are impractical. My Butler Creek folders will pack into nearl as small a space as the TD and I'd rather have a folding stock that deploys quickly, or can be used with the stock still folded if really in a hurry.

1022BC.gif

1022BCbt.gif

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I own more than a few 10/22s but I haven't bought a Take Down, and probably never will.

For me, they are impractical. My Butler Creek folders will pack into nearl as small a space as the TD and I'd rather have a folding stock that deploys quickly, or can be used with the stock still folded if really in a hurry.

i agree about the impracticality when compared to a folding stock....but I added a TD to my collection just because. ;-)

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    My first one was not threaded but I had a local guy thread it for me. The one that is coming in today is the threaded, camo, with X-25 magazine. It will be MINE.......

TM

RACER X

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2013
    Richmond/Houston
    Right, I've had they plain SS, factory threaded black, now faculty threaded SS
    Lol

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    Did you get the threaded version?

If you were asking me, no. I got mine long before threaded versions were available. Not an issue as i have no reason to run it suppressed (have another 10/22 for that)....well, except for a couple weeks ago when i tried an oil filter on it. ;-)

vmax

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2013
    my dad worked in a coal mine in Virginia in the 1960s
    they bought a German designed and built long wall miner that was rated for something like 100 tons per hour.

The Germans sent a team of men in and set it up and stayed with it in the country for a week making sure it worked.

after they left, it didn't take long for the owners to start screwing with it to up the production. Making adjustments, tweaking it.
    They broke the damn thing.

PaknSiG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2009
    Ft. Worth area
    New take down came in yesterday and it is nice , nice, nice. Really happy with the way it looks and the way it is made. I don't have one of the photo accounts, and don't want one, so I will post the link to Bud's where I bought it. Not advertizing for Bud's, just show and tell time. This one has a different colored bag, about the color of a Carhartt jacket.

No, vmax, I haven't taken it apart and broke it yet. Just was curious as to what they did to the receiver if anything, doesn't look like it to me.

Ruger TKDOWN 22 16.6 SS 25 $375.00 SHIPS FREE

TM

Top Bottom