• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AKM

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Around
    I got a Ruger predator on trade(got hosed lol) and I can't decide if I should keep it. What are yalls thoughts on them?

It's new in box, I've only sanded the stock to float the barrel a little better. Is it worth putting money into?

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Almost rather trade it for a Dillon 550. My only real hang up is I didn't realize barrels cost more than the rifle when I'd eventually need one since I'll be shooting hotter hand loads.
    You're already working against yourself on it. Unload it for something that you "need."

Love trying to shoot the smile off my face with my wife's Rugar Ranch 16" 223. Fun, cheap and accurate. It's a gun that you buy, put a scope on it, maybe a bipod and have fun.

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    You're already working against yourself on it. Unload it for something that you "need."

Love trying to shoot the smile off my face with my wife's Rugar Ranch 16" 223. Fun, cheap and accurate. It's a gun that you buy, put a scope on it, maybe a bipod and have fun.
    Are the Rugar Ranch and the Mini 14 similar? Is Mini 14 reliable and accurate? I've heard a lot of negatives on both.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Sure you can nit pick it. But it's a $400-500 rifle. We haven't encountered any issues thus far. Just a good knock around, ranch, truck gun.

I'm happy with this 5shot group @ 50yrds.
    IMG_0197.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0197.JPG
      IMG_0197.JPG
      1.8 MB · Views: 425

hoghunting

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2014
    With all the pictures you guys post of your targets, you're getting great groups but your aim must be off as none of you hit the coins. Your shots are always above, below or beside the coins!:roflfunny:

bigwheel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2018
    Fort Worth
    Are the Rugar Ranch and the Mini 14 similar? Is Mini 14 reliable and accurate? I've heard a lot of negatives on both.
    Ive owned and and carried mini 14s in cop work. When I started in 71 all the Texas Hypo car guns were .30-30s either winnis or Marlins and/or Itchica deer slayer shotguns. In the late 70s they came and took away the cowboy guns..and gave us minis which had been ordered but not picked up by some army in S. America. Had bayonet lugs on those guns. I already owned a mini so I had two for a while. No they aint overly accurate. i could shoot tighter groups at a hundred yards from a rest with my .357 mag pistol. Mini groups were about the size of car steering wheel while pistol goups were about the size of a saucer. The little rifles just a bit to back heavy and short thin barrelled to be very acurate. Thy also had two piece bolt faces in those days which didnt help any. i think they fixed that problem in later years. They had took the shotguns away and gave us 870s a few years prior to getting the Minis. That ithica bump fire feature got too many holes accientally shot in unintended targets. Those minis are way too expensive these days. Used to be much cheaper than the AR clones..but now Ars are cheaper. I dont understand why is that?

Inspector43

Everything I Own Is Paid For
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2017
    Colorado County, Texas
    Ive owned and and carried mini 14s in cop work. When I started in 71 all the Texas Hypo car guns were .30-30s either winnis or Marlins and/or Itchica deer slayer shotguns. In the late 70s they came and took away the cowboy guns..and gave us minis which had been ordered but not picked up by some army in S. America. Had bayonet lugs on those guns. I already owned a mini so I had two for a while. No they aint overly accurate. i could shoot tighter groups at a hundred yards from a rest with my .357 mag pistol. Mini groups were about the size of car steering wheel while pistol goups were about the size of a saucer. The little rifles just a bit to back heavy and short thin barrelled to be very acurate. Thy also had two piece bolt faces in those days which didnt help any. i think they fixed that problem in later years. They had took the shotguns away and gave us 870s a few years prior to getting the Minis. That ithica bump fire feature got too many holes accientally shot in unintended targets. Those minis are way too expensive these days. Used to be much cheaper than the AR clones..but now Ars are cheaper. I dont understand why is that?
    Thanks. One thing that always kept me away was the accuracy. Thanks for the confirmation.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    It's my observation that Ruger has really got after the market for reliable, accurate and high-value rifles.

From .22lr for $250
    to
    hunting calibers for $4-500
    to
    magnums up to 338 for $700
    goodness:

They seem all to be accurate, reliable, backed by a great customer support.

Kudos to Ruger R&D and management.
    And...

I just, 2 days ago, bought a 17HMR American Target heavy barrel for $360 ($499 MSRP)
    https://ruger.com/products/americanRimfireTarget/models.html
    First field test tomorrow, temperature and wind permitting.

HKS

Top Bottom