• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I would not buy this rifle. Sure, there is nothing wrong with it but there is nothing exceptional either. Your M&P sport II will do everything this rifle will do. If you need two ARs Why not buy another M&P? Have a matching pair so you don't have to retrain?
    For $559 you can drop some nice parts into the M&P and really make it shine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I would go for it. It is a totally different animal from the Sport II. 18" rifle length barrel, free float hand guard, CHF barrel, upgraded trigger, Magpul furniture. You can't do much better for $560.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Great price, although not sure how long it would take to get it being pre-order. At that price I'm not sure you can go wrong, unless what you want in a build is a lot different.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    This looks like it has the same specs as the Savage MSR Recon but $250 cheaper. I keep trying to find fault with this one to figure out why the price difference, but hasn't been able to so far. I'm guessing it's just as good of a deal as it's represented here. I grabbed one for pre-order last night.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    After much debate with myself I decided to take this plunge with you and ordered one for myself. I had planned on a 18 inch build and this looks like everything I want without any of the work. Hopefully it will ship soon!

Attachments

• 20170917_201540.png
      20170917_201540.png
      62.1 KB · Views: 711

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    If I didn't get a great deal on an AR556 last month, I'd be kicking myself even harder today. I just don't think I'd be able to justify this purchase a month after my last AR purchase. Better out of sight, out of mind. Great for someone looking for their first AR right now.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    After much debate with myself I decided to take this plunge with you and ordered one for myself. I had planned on a 18 inch build and this looks like everything I want without any of the work. Hopefully it will ship soon!

Glad to hear. It'll likely be a few weeks before they have it in stock.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    If you guys change your mind, you have a few weeks to call them and cancel. They don't charge your card until it ships. It's better to just order and hold your place in line for now, think it over and make a decision later.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If you guys change your mind, you have a few weeks to call them and cancel. They don't charge your card until it ships. It's better to just order and hold your place in line for now, think it over and make a decision later.

That's what I was thinking. I believe I unknowingly ;) talked myself into one of these when I was passing this info on to a few fellas earlier tonight.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    But I encourage y'all not to change your mind. I scoured PSA and BCM to find equal quality parts to build an equivalent AR15, and the total cost cannot come close to this thing. This is indeed a steal at this price. If anything, just hold on to it for investment purposes in case there is another panic somewhere down the road.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I had this thought as well, but after looking around some more I think I'm going through with it. Been awhile since I actually bought something new and I'm excited about it.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    I know this is a great deal for anyone that doesn't already have the AR556 but is it worth it at all if you already have the regular? Is it just the free float guard and trigger that are the difference? I've seen the trigger online for $89 so that's not enough for me to sell and repurchase. The free float is nice but accuracy isn't currently an issue and I'm not that tacticool yet.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I know this is a great deal for anyone that doesn't already have the AR556 but is it worth it at all if you already have the regular? Is it just the free float guard and trigger that are the difference? I've seen the trigger online for $89 so that's not enough for me to sell and repurchase. The free float is nice but accuracy isn't currently an issue and I'm not that tacticool yet.

This has 5R rifling in the barrel, better trigger, better furniture. As far as accuracy goes, there is no practical difference in the hands of the average shooter. But in terms of quality this is easily a $700+ rifle priced at $560. I bought a S&W M&P15 Sport II a month ago for $440, which was an amazing deal in itself, never had a chance to shoot it due to Harvey, so I sold it for $500 earlier today to prepare myself for this one.

Texas Heat

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2017
    Houston, TX
    This has 5R rifling in the barrel, better trigger, better furniture. As far as accuracy goes, there is no practical difference in the hands of the average shooter. But in terms of quality this is easily a $700+ rifle priced at $560. I bought a S&W M&P15 Sport II a month ago for $440, which was an amazing deal in itself, never had a chance to shoot it due to Harvey, so I sold it for $500 earlier today to prepare myself for this one.
    I'm not really sure what 5R rifling is but it sounds like something I'd want :) The trigger is cheap. My AR556 came with all MagPul MOE furniture as well. No doubt if someone was buying today that this would be the way to go. I guess I'm mostly convincing myself I don't need another :)

Top Bottom