• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I got mine just now. Installed some magpul backup sights on it. The finish on it is pretty slick and sweet.

LHXOkR1_d.jpg

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    When you guys receive your rifle, you might wanna check your gas key screws and see if they're properly staked. Mine isn't staked at all. I'm gonna have to call Ruger tomorrow. See the pictures below.

k9bdowf.jpg

WH52jrv.jpg

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    It looks like they tried, but no cigar. Is the firing pin shrouded? Or is the back inch or so exposed looking from underneath the bolt.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    I guess SOS doesn't want my money. They have switched my order back to processing from preparing to ship. I double checked my card info when I submitted my pre-order, so I know that isnt an issue. I have emailed them with no response yet. I also emailed them last week about a scope they had on special and they never responded to that either. Got to say so far I'm not impressed with them.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    When you guys receive your rifle, you might wanna check your gas key screws and see if they're properly staked. Mine isn't staked at all. I'm gonna have to call Ruger tomorrow. See the pictures below.

k9bdowf.jpg

WH52jrv.jpg
    I've had nothing but terrible QC experiences fromRuger with three separate firearms(SR556, 10/22 and an LCRx). I was hoping this was going to be different since most people have praised the AR556. I hope mine isn't dicked up at all. Sorry to see it happen to you

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    As far as quality control, it probably costs Ruger less money to just take in firearms for whatever problem the user encounters/reports and pay for the shipping and repairs vs. having to pay an entire team for QC. The thinking is probably that most users of these firearms won't ever report the issue or go through the trouble of having to ship back their gun. This is completely offset by the fact they provide top tier customer service and will repair your gun no matter if it's user's fault or manufacturing defect, so few of their customers will complain about issues. I have 4 Ruger firearms, and out of the 4, 3 of them, including this MPR rifle, had to go back to the factory for repair. All 3 are brand new or barely shot.

I can see why the folks over at m4carbine.net heavily favors the Colt LE6920 as a first AR-15. I field stripped the Colt last night, and upon inspection, you can definitely see Colt has better quality parts. The castle nut is staked, the gas key screws are properly staked, the screws also looks different compared to the ones on the Ruger (allegedly Ruger uses cheap Taiwanese screws vs Grade 8, USA made screws from Colt), and the firing pin is shrouded. And that's all from a quick glance at interior of the gun.

Honestly, I would not trust the MPR as a home defense rifle. If you're gonna use an AR15 for duty or home defense, go with the more expensive Colt.

Last edited:

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    When you guys receive your rifle, you might wanna check your gas key screws and see if they're properly staked. Mine isn't staked at all. I'm gonna have to call Ruger tomorrow.
    As far as quality control, it probably costs Ruger less money to just take in firearms for whatever problem the user encounters/reports and pay for the shipping and repairs vs. having to pay an entire team for QC. The thinking is probably that most users of these firearms won't ever report the issue or go through the trouble of having to ship back their gun. This is completely offset by the fact they provide top tier customer service and will repair your gun no matter if it's user's fault or manufacturing defect, so few of their customers will complain about issues. I have 4 Ruger firearms, and out of the 4, 3 of them, including this MPR rifle, had to go back to the factory for repair. All 3 are brand new or barely shot.

I can see why the folks over at m4carbine.net heavily favors the Colt LE6920 as a first AR-15. I field stripped the Colt last night, and upon inspection, you can definitely see Colt has better quality parts. The castle nut is staked, the gas key screws are properly staked, the screws also looks different compared to the ones on the Ruger (allegedly Ruger uses cheap Taiwanese screws vs Grade 8, USA made screws from Colt), and the firing pin is shrouded. And that's all from a quick glance at interior of the gun.

Honestly, I would not trust the MPR as a home defense rifle. If you're gonna use an AR15 for duty or home defense, go with the more expensive Colt.
    So they are taking the whole rifle back to restake the gas key? Are you able to ship the carrier back?

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    So they are taking the whole rifle back to restake the gas key? Are you able to ship the carrier back?

I spoke with a customer rep on the phone, and they're forwarding the pictures to a gunsmith. It's highly likely they will ask for me to send it in for service. I asked if that was the case, if I could only send the BCG in, they said they must have the entire rifle for test firing purposes. I don't even have an unmarked box big enough to fit the gun's original box. However, Ruger sounds like they're willing to send me the box to pack everything up.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom