• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    I highly doubt that any of their AR parts are in house made. All sourced out to enable them to keeping their bread and butter firearms on a steady roll. Ruger has kept their shit together quite well unlike many other arms makers.
    I don't know about this, aside from furniture/forgings, there's a lot of things specific to a ruger AR that is seen only on their rifles.

Just a short list

FSB is unique
    Delta ring assembly is unique
    BCG is fully compatible with standard BCG's, but is not cut exactly the same

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I don't know about this, aside from furniture/forgings, there's a lot of things specific to a ruger AR that is seen only on their rifles.

Just a short list

FSB is unique
    Depends on the company. A lot more companies than you think or they admit do use Chinese delta rings. I know the gentleman whose family operates much of the imported goods and knockoffs. Been in his warehouse and know who orders what. Won’t share that on here. All I’ll tell you is when you pick up brand x and pull the delta ring down on any side, if it doesn’t spring back freely and acts like it’s too tight a fit, odds are incredibly high it’s Chinese.

Chine buffers have a tad rougher machining marks. The extension tubes have a clearly visible weld spot down the middle inside. Buffer springs you can’t really tell.

Most outsource gas keys, lpk’s, firing pins, also. But these are U.S. sourced.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Depends on the company. A lot more companies than you think or they admit do use Chinese delta rings. I know the gentleman whose family operates much of the imported goods and knockoffs. Been in his warehouse and know who orders what. Won’t share that on here. All I’ll tell you is when you pick up brand x and pull the delta ring down on any side, if it doesn’t spring back freely and acts like it’s too tight a fit, odds are incredibly high it’s Chinese.

Chine buffers have a tad rougher machining marks. The extension tubes have a clearly visible weld spot down the middle inside. Buffer springs you can’t really tell.

Most outsource gas keys, lpk’s, firing pins, also. But these are U.S. sourced.
    Yeah but ruger delta rings don't use springs, they thread up and down to hold in the handguards.
    Ruger-Delta-Ring-Ar-IMG_2259-864x576.jpg

I figure if those were outsourced, we'd see them more often

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Jeese, the roll mark on the lower looks like an after thought.
    Not the Ruger of old, that's for sure.

I had a ruger stripped ar lower at one point. Every pin and safety hole had very sharp flashing on the right side. I've seen shitty cast pre ban lowers that were nicer than that thing.

Lonesome Dove

A man of vision but with no mission.
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2018
    Cut n Shoot, Texas

Just a short list

FSB is unique
    It's called we have $$$ and we are asking you to make this to our specs.
    Can it be done Yes or No?
    We will pay for you to tool up and whatever else it requires. We will be needing XX units this quarter alone and to reach XXXX units within one year guaranteed. Thanks for your business.
    Have you never seen this before? Cuz it's 100% real.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    It's called we have $$$ and we are asking you to make this to our specs.
    Can it be done Yes or No?
    We will pay for you to tool up and whatever else it requires. We will be needing XX units this quarter alone and to reach XXXX units within one year guaranteed. Thanks for your business.
    Have you never seen this before? Cuz it's 100% real.

I know how outsourcing works. This isn't how it works. Ruger AR's are cheap budget guns. Ruger has plenty of production capacity. It's not like they're busy churning out minis or No.1's.

It'd be a waste of money to pay someone else to produce a non standard part for you for a gun that you can buy right now for $750, and not all that long ago was $500 every day of the week.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    I haven’t been in rugers shop but overall, it’s frowned on to retool tool changers and change fixtures. Run something as much as you can and source out stuff that doesn’t pay well.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    Regardless of who makes the rifle, or parts of it, ruger clearly isn't performing individual checks on BCG's.

It's been close to a year since i saw the first BCG, so I feel pretty confident in saying this wasn't just some bad batch of bolts or carriers

Top Bottom