• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C_Fenn

Apr 8, 2009
    Hey,

I just purchased my first gun, a .357 Blackhawk. I took it out to the range and shot about 50 rounds through it and it got extremely hot. I was wondering, do I need to let it cool down at all between rounds or anything? I was just wondering...Thanks!

By the way, if anyone could help me out, I need a couple of interviews for an article I'm writing for one of my classes. It wouldn't take long, I could just e-mail you the questions and you could fill them out. Probably won't take longer than 15 minutes. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    Carl

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    Hey,

I just purchased my first gun, a .357 Blackhawk. I took it out to the range and shot about 50 rounds through it and it got extremely hot. I was wondering, do I need to let it cool down at all between rounds or anything? I was just wondering...Thanks!

By the way, if anyone could help me out, I need a couple of interviews for an article I'm writing for one of my classes. It wouldn't take long, I could just e-mail you the questions and you could fill them out. Probably won't take longer than 15 minutes. Thanks in advance!

Sincerely,
    Carl

You may want to allow a short cool down break every 25 rounds or so.
    More so for your sake than the guns.
    I have burned myself many times with a hot 357 or 44mag barrel. It happens so easily.
    What kind of question?
    I may be interested.

C_Fenn

Apr 8, 2009
    Thanks for the info. Can it damage the gun? By the way, I really like your quotes. I'm sure Patrick Henry would have agreed with your last one wholeheartedly. At least, if he has lived long enough to come.

I would be very thankful for any help that you could give me. I need your phone number so that my teacher knows I'm just not making this stuff up. He spot checks a few numbers in our class but it would be very unlikely that he would call you. If you work at a store or range, you can just give me your business number and if you don't feel comfortable giving your number then you can answer the questions and I can use your answers as background info. Again, thank you very much for any help you can give me! You can post your answers OR e-mail them directly to me at Casey.Fenn@gmail.com.

• What is your name?
    • What is your telephone number?
    • How long have you been buying guns and how many do you have?
    • What do you use your guns for? (target shooting, hunting, protection, collecting etc.)
    • Where do you normally purchase guns and ammunition? (online, local store, national chain, etc.)
    • Why did you first start purchasing firearms and why do you continue?
    • Has the recent election changed your buying habits at all? If so, how?
    • Do you find it harder, easier or about the same to find ammunition than before the election?
    • Where do you see your shooting habit going from here? (Will you buy and shoot more, less, or the same.)
    • Do you have any fears about government intervening in your affairs with regard to firearms? If so, what are they?

For anyone who runs a gun store or range:

• What’s the name of your business and what do you do?
    • How long have you been in business?
    • Have you seen an increased interest in firearms over the past few months?
    • What do you believe that the reason is?
    • Where do you see the future of the firearms industry?

Big country

TGT Addict
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Thanks for the info. Can it damage the gun? By the way, I really like your quotes. I'm sure Patrick Henry would have agreed with your last one wholeheartedly. At least, if he has lived long enough to come.

I would be very thankful for any help that you could give me. I need your phone number so that my teacher knows I'm just not making this stuff up. He spot checks a few numbers in our class but it would be very unlikely that he would call you. If you work at a store or range, you can just give me your business number and if you don't feel comfortable giving your number then you can answer the questions and I can use your answers as background info. Again, thank you very much for any help you can give me! You can post your answers OR e-mail them directly to me at Casey.Fenn@gmail.com.

• What is your name?
    • What is your telephone number?
    • How long have you been buying guns and how many do you have?
    • What do you use your guns for? (target shooting, hunting, protection, collecting etc.)
    • Where do you normally purchase guns and ammunition? (online, local store, national chain, etc.)
    • Why did you first start purchasing firearms and why do you continue?
    • Has the recent election changed your buying habits at all? If so, how?
    • Do you find it harder, easier or about the same to find ammunition than before the election?
    • Where do you see your shooting habit going from here? (Will you buy and shoot more, less, or the same.)
    • Do you have any fears about government intervening in your affairs with regard to firearms? If so, what are they?
    For anyone who runs a gun store or range:

• What’s the name of your business and what do you do?
    • How long have you been in business?
    • Have you seen an increased interest in firearms over the past few months?
    • What do you believe that the reason is?
    • Where do you see the future of the firearms industry?
    What kind of paper are you writing and what education level? (High school, college etc...)

Top Bottom