• ...and so much more!
  • Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    It’s fine if Todd wants to assume I have a man bun cause I’m from Oregon. It’s a logical assumption. But lever actions? I’m worried Todd. Did your wife poison you? Type: “bananas” if you need help. Someone must be holding him against his will and monitoring his online activity!

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    Yes, but the FOV, quality of glass, brightness and durability of a conventional optic cannot be beat. Its a massive trade off just to be able to use stripper clips, which are aweful and not worth handicapping your primary sight for.

And if two legged creatures are a factor, a bolt action carbine with a low magnification scope is horribly outclassed.
    My Scout is mag fed. Like they all should be. Outclassed by what? The point is it’s a low weight, low maintenance, all purpose platform. I’d much rather lug the Ruger Gunsite around all day every day than an AR-10. Or a Garand. Or a Weatherby Mark V. Or a M1A.

zackmars

Free 1911 refinishing
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    Texas
    My Scout is mag fed. Like they all should be. Outclassed by what? The point is it’s a low weight, low maintenance, all purpose platform. I’d much rather lug the Ruger Gunsite around all day every day than an AR-10. Or a Garand. Or a Weatherby Mark V. Or a M1A.

The scout concept originally went with LER optics to allow use of stripper clips that is literally the only reason why it has such an awful optics setup

A scout rifle is outclassed by damn near everything, the LER optic is a detriment to actual shooting, observing, and handling, which is why nobody makes modern scout scopes, and it's why nobody other than Cooper's fans buys the few legacy models out there.

If i have to actually use my gun, I'd much rather have an AR10, Garand, MkV or M1a because i am either getting a much superior optic, or i get a semi auto.

A 7lbs empty gun is an easy bar to meet. A MkV .308 is 6lbs empty, lots of sub-7lbs ar10s out there... The M1 garand and M1a are different beasts, but those are older designs that where designed to be as durable and grunt proof as possible

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Yes, but the FOV, quality of glass, brightness and durability of a conventional optic cannot be beat. Its a massive trade off just to be able to use stripper clips, which are aweful and not worth handicapping your primary sight for.

And if two legged creatures are a factor, a bolt action carbine with a low magnification scope is horribly outclassed.

I think @zackmars point is, if you are in situation and having to engage two-legged predators, a semi-auto rifle would be a better and viable option than a bolt-action, regardless of it being magazine fed or not. And at close range, I think a forward mounted scope with LER, would be more of a hindrance than an aid, especially if engaging several moving targets that are possibly shooting back.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    The scout concept originally went with LER optics to allow use of stripper clips that is literally the only reason why it has such an awful optics setup

A scout rifle is outclassed by damn near everything, the LER optic is a detriment to actual shooting, observing, and handling, which is why nobody makes modern scout scopes, and it's why nobody other than Cooper's fans buys the few legacy models out there.

If i have to actually use my gun, I'd much rather have an AR10, Garand, MkV or M1a because i am either getting a much superior optic, or i get a semi auto.

A 7lbs empty gun is an easy bar to meet. A MkV .308 is 6lbs empty, lots of sub-7lbs ar10s out there... The M1 garand and M1a are different beasts, but those are older designs that where designed to be as durable and grunt proof as possible
    The Ruger Gunsite is a 7.3 lb. rifle without a scope or ammo.

I'd venture a guess that with a scope and ammo that rifle is going to be in the 8.5 lb. range in weight.

Sam7sf

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2018
    Texas
    Also consider this, and I tried it because I knew I was on a mountaintop alone, but jogging or running with an ar15 and carry handle is really nice. Stag model 1. Yeah...5.56x45...but I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    You must have consumed too much Todd’s salty drops.
    oh no4.jpeg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    You must have consumed too much Todd’s salty drops.

Why run when you can just shoot the fucker behind the reason why you’re running. And jogging…well that’s a Richard Simmons thing and I ain’t in to that. I mean if you’re gonna do something, don’t half-ass it and that’s the definition of jogging.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom