• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Madhouse

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Tomball, TX
    My friend bought one last weekend at the Pasadena gun show and we took it out that Sunday.

It's a good little shooter, definitely not a marksman pistol. It's a good "belly gun", but I wouldn't want to use it outside of 12 or 15 yards.

bevans

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    Meyerland,Houston tx
    Ruger

I bought one of the LCP's two weeks ago and have run about 200rds through it. Its not a target pistol ,its just what it was intended to be ,aBUG,or a pocket gun. I needed a gun for pocket carry in my work enviroment cause carrying my Kimber around wouldnt work in our shop,its just to hot to have it on during work hours. I carry it every where else I can but its just not a work friendly gun.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    I've got about 600 rounds through mine so far and it's been 100% reliable. It's accurate enough for what it is (small, lightweight pocket gun). I can constantly hit 8" plates at 25 yards with it. It gets a little rough for me after about 100 round range session, but then again it wasn't really made for that. I've been very pleased with it, it's actually in my pocket as I type that. :)

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    I've got about 600 rounds through mine so far and it's been 100% reliable. It's accurate enough for what it is (small, lightweight pocket gun). I can constantly hit 8" plates at 25 yards with it. It gets a little rough for me after about 100 round range session, but then again it wasn't really made for that. I've been very pleased with it, it's actually in my pocket as I type that. :)

I plan on getting one soon. I will probably sell one of the only wheel guns (Security Six Stainless Ruger .357 2-3/4 in) that I have to finance a BUG. I have had a Bersa .380 in the past but sold it. I think I may like the LCP better because it is smaller and easy to carry. Revolvers don't tickle my fancy much. I prefer the semi-auto. I have read mixed reviews on the new LCP but think I will probably try it. What ammo did you run through it?
    I actually have seen one at an Academy store and passed it up saying to myself, I did'nt know Ruger made a pocket pistol. I have recently noticed and taken interest.

My first, very own pistol was a Ruger P85 9mm.

hoytinak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas of course
    What ammo did you run through it?

I started out with WWB to help "break it in", but after that it's been a mix of WWB, Federal Hydra-shoks and Speer Gold Dots. Currently carrying the Gold Dots in it now. Would like to try some of the Corbon DPXs in it but can't find any local.

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    Well, I am getting feedback and reviews to determine whether or not I should buy the new Ruger pocket pistol. Yes, I think it could be more preferable than the kel-tec. As I matter of fact today I will be doing some trading at the fun show.

I may come home with one new LCP. :D I like it because it is Ruger and it looks better made or cosmetically anyway than its rival Kel-tec.

Oh, 8" plates at 25 yards is not bad at all for what it is.

Update: Went to fun show today 6/14. Dealers did not have one, Ruger LCP sold out. Went to Academy not there either!
    Made a trade + cash at the show today gave up a .357 Ruger for a .223 rifle. Also sold a broke .25 auto pistol. Bought an extra Glock mag for a friend, Now I need to buy the LCP. Trying to avoid GunBroker. I would rather buy local.

SO758

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2008
    Central TX
    We bought the Kel-Tec P3AT and it jams constantly. I put a deposit down on the Ruger, but it will be 6 to 8 weeks before I get mine--the list is pretty long.

I've been pretty underwhelmed with the Kel-Tec.

Id'e love to get a ruger. Had a P3AT and had problems with it as well.

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    My new Ruger LCP

Well friends I did eventually buy the Ruger LCP. I bought from an out of state dealer on Gun Broker and I shot it this past Sunday.
    It worked well for about 101 rounds then I had a trigger mechanism failure. I will be sending it back to Ruger. The trigger would not reset. I haven't given up yet I'll try it again in about three weeks.

Top Bottom