• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    I would like to guage the reliability of the new Ruger LCP 380 by feedback from owners on how many rounds total have you fired through your Ruger LCP with out any function problems (FTF, FTE, or no longer works)? I understand this is not an all comprehensive evaluation, but I believe it could give a rough estimate.

If your 380 LCP is still running, only total round count is needed.
    If your 380 LCP stopped running, total round count and briefly the failure issue is needed.

I will start with this format:

101 rounds, "then" the trigger failed to reset, does not work and will be returned to factory.
    Military Camp

GGarcia187

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Just got mine last week. shot over 100 flawless rounds, including some 12 year old hollow point rounds I found in my closet. Worked very well and shot pretty accurate for a little guy.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have now seen several of these at the range{ I spend a LOT of time at the range} everyone that has them loves them and I spoke with one guy that had 500 through his without a hitch.

Moezilla

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 9, 2008
    Allen
    A friend of mine just picked one up last week. Dry firing it like 3 times, the trigger stopped working. His sone took it home and started working on it, got it working and they put maybe a mag through it before it failed again. It is now back at Ruger.

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    LCP Broke before and after +/- six rounds?

A friend of mine just picked one up last week. Dry firing it like 3 times, the trigger stopped working. His sone took it home and started working on it, got it working and they put maybe a mag through it before it failed again. It is now back at Ruger.

I will be getting mine back in about a week and a half. I hope all is well when it gets home. I spoke with the factory today. I was told when asked the lady on the phone it was the trigger bar and trigger pivot pin that would be replaced. If it does'nt run okay like the rest I will be dissapointed.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    Had the same exact problem with mine.Just got it back and put 100 rounds thru it without a hiccup.I hope this is the last problem with the gun.I hate sending back new guns.

rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    I posted this LCP range report on the Ruger forum back in March.

RugerForum.com :: View topic - shot the LCP today=

I'd say Im in the 350-500 round range --I don't count

I've had my LCP to the range a dozen or so times since then ---its not a range/target gun, but since it is my summer pocket carry gun --I want to regularly confirm its reliability and my proficiency with it.

I’ve never had a problem with it. Shoots great, relatively accurate --my 16 year old son hates it, but he's grown up with more target type handguns.

Seen here with my pre-trip-to-Ruger/new-trigger SR9

LCP108.jpg

RCK1999

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Hate to burst your bubbles, but there is now a recall on all early LCPs (just like the SR9s).

This is why I NEVER buy first runs of new products!

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    :banghead: Ruger has my LCP now since October 6th. Talked to them on the phone this past Friday; and said they will be keeping it longer because there is a recall. My question, will all those whose guns are running send thiers in? The recall has to do with the pistol firing as a result of dropping the pistol and will be installing a hammer lock/block part. Well, for our trouble Ruger will include an extra mag with pinky extension when they return it to you.

rrent

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    I did the buy-the-first-I-saw thing on the SR9 ---was slightly disappointed to learn I needed to send it back. Signed up, got the prepaid box, had my gun with (what I consider) a better trigger, back in less than a week.

I've signed up for the LCP send back ---I've been shooting for 4+ decades --never dropped a gun ---but what the hey, and I can always use an extra mag.

Reaper

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Ft Worth-Dallas
    Right out of the box, trigger broke on the 52nd round. Second time, trigger broke after about 75 rounds. I would NEVER trust one again as a concealed weapon.

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    My LCP is back home

:banghead: Ruger has my LCP now since October 6th. Talked to them on the phone this past Friday; and said they will be keeping it longer because there is a recall. My question, will all those whose guns are running send thiers in? The recall has to do with the pistol firing as a result of dropping the pistol and will be installing a hammer lock/block part. Well, for our trouble Ruger will include an extra mag with pinky extension when they return it to you.

I recieved my LCP tonight UPS. It came home with an extra mag w/ext., $25 gift certificate and Ruger LCP hat. Now, all there is left is another trip for range testing. Will it pass the 101 round test?

doubeEcoog

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Spring, TX
    I have been reding about these and thinking of getting one as a backup/summer carry. All of these posts about triggers breaking has given me second thoughts. Does anyone know if Ruger addressed this problem in the post-recall production of the LCP?

Thanks

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    I have been reding about these and thinking of getting one as a backup/summer carry. All of these posts about triggers breaking has given me second thoughts. Does anyone know if Ruger addressed this problem in the post-recall production of the LCP?

Thanks

You may call Sturm Ruger for yourself @ 928-778-6555 and ask them about this.
    I was told the trigger parts are updated.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom