Ruger LCP Reliability

TexasGuns

May 28, 2008
La Porte,Texas USA
I would like to guage the reliability of the new Ruger LCP 380 by feedback from owners on how many rounds total have you fired through your Ruger LCP with out any function problems (FTF, FTE, or no longer works)? I understand this is not an all comprehensive evaluation, but I believe it could give a rough estimate.

If your 380 LCP is still running, only total round count is needed.
If your 380 LCP stopped running, total round count and briefly the failure issue is needed.

I will start with this format:

101 rounds, "then" the trigger failed to reset, does not work and will be returned to factory.

GGarcia187

Sep 3, 2008
Dallas, TX
Just got mine last week. shot over 100 flawless rounds, including some 12 year old hollow point rounds I found in my closet. Worked very well and shot pretty accurate for a little guy.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
I have now seen several of these at the range{ I spend a LOT of time at the range} everyone that has them loves them and I spoke with one guy that had 500 through his without a hitch.

Moezilla

Aug 9, 2008
Allen
A friend of mine just picked one up last week. Dry firing it like 3 times, the trigger stopped working. His sone took it home and started working on it, got it working and they put maybe a mag through it before it failed again. It is now back at Ruger.

TexasGuns

May 28, 2008
La Porte,Texas USA
LCP Broke before and after +/- six rounds?

A friend of mine just picked one up last week. Dry firing it like 3 times, the trigger stopped working. His sone took it home and started working on it, got it working and they put maybe a mag through it before it failed again. It is now back at Ruger.

I will be getting mine back in about a week and a half. I hope all is well when it gets home. I spoke with the factory today. I was told when asked the lady on the phone it was the trigger bar and trigger pivot pin that would be replaced. If it does'nt run okay like the rest I will be dissapointed.

mac79912

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Mar 4, 2008
Had the same exact problem with mine.Just got it back and put 100 rounds thru it without a hiccup.I hope this is the last problem with the gun.I hate sending back new guns.

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members