Ruger LCP

Texas1911

TGT Addict
May 29, 2017
Austin, TX
Does anyone have a review of one of these? They are insanely popular for some reason or another. We have a waiting list that's about 30 names long and get people coming in all the time looking for them.

phatcyclist

Feb 22, 2008
Austin, TX
A friend of mine bought one about a month ago. He got 9 rounds through it before the frame bulged and the trigger bar fell out of place. I know some of them are doing well, but he must have gotten one of the earlier production models.

Sep 4, 2008
Gladewater, TX
i hsot one sunday at the range. Small light gun that actually felt good in my big hands. LOUD and it kicks. The guy who the LCP belongs to just came out to test function but was kind enough to let me empty a mag to check it out. Nice smooth but long trigger pull, then it went BANG and i though "holy crap, wasn't expecting that might kick. The owner was shooting it all AROUND a steel silhoete (sp) at about 65 yards but that is not what this gun was designed for. I put 3 rds into a target at 3yds and three more rds into a target at 7yd. due to the short barrel and closeness of the sights i had some trouble getting really tight groups at 7yds but this LCP would be ideal for HD/PD ranges. Oh, the coolest thing about this gun was that then gentleman walked up with a walmart bag with ammo loose in the bottom and he then pulled, out of the same pocket, a NAA .25 pocket rocket AND the LCP. i would never have gussed he had two pistols in that one pocket. highly concelable. My wife wanted an LCP really bad after looking at the new Ruger catalog but after seeing me shoot it she thought she might like somehting in .22 a bit better.

All in all i was quite impressed with this little semi, and would consider getting one if i don't hear too many more stories about bulgin frames and other issues.

sti45

Feb 28, 2008
I got one for my wife, put over 200 rounds of reloads from collins cartrage thru it, not one function issue with it. However it does shoot low at 10 yds.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
There was a good review in NRA's American Rifleman earlier this year.

Sportsman's Finest in Bee Cave has at least one in stock.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Here's a vid from awhile back on Downrange TV:

Link

What's weird is they didn't have a problem with this initial test (I think it was right before these started making their way on to the market). That's odd. Maybe there were some issues in manufacturing with the final production run versions? Who knows.

mac79912

Well-Known
BANNED!!!
Mar 4, 2008
Ruger has a small catalog out with all the info on the LCP.They are still backordered and we also have people waiting on these.:banghead:

jdh

BANNED!!!
Mar 2, 2008
I gave up waiting on one and bought the Keltec P3AT. May not have the Ruger fit and finish but the trigger feels better and I have had no problems with it.

With all the problems I have heard folks having with the LCP perhaps someone was looking out for me.

Mark F

Aug 21, 2008
I gave up waiting on one and bought the Keltec P3AT. May not have the Ruger fit and finish but the trigger feels better and I have had no problems with it.

With all the problems I have heard folks having with the LCP perhaps someone was looking out for me.

Good choice.

jimifingaz

Mar 27, 2008
I had a LCP but I got rid of it. I put roughly 200 rounds through it and experienced a lot of jamming/stovepipping. It didn't feed ball ammo well either. My LCP was a Lemon I guess. But thank God the gun shop that I purchased it at refunded me my money. I ended up leaving the gun shop with a Sig P232. No more malfunctions!!

Top Bottom