• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm thinking about getting a pocket carry gun to compliment my G19. I've heard lots of good things about the Ruger LCP, but I've also heard about many technical problems. (recall and such).

I was wondering if I should wait a while longer to buy one or if was ok to get (in line) to get one. Are the problems just a bad batch, or is it an intrinsic engineering problem?

Thanks.
    ARJ Defense ad

TexasGuns

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    La Porte,Texas USA
    Originally I sent mine back to Ruger bcause I had a broke trigger after 101 rounds, and while they had it announced the recall. Ruger made good though and gave me an extra mag, hat and $25 gift certificate for thier store. I have fired it since, and to date no issues. Reliability is important for a defensive carry weapon. At best strap it to your ankle for a BUG, not as a primary defensive carry. It is easy to carry in any pocket. It is accurate enough for a belly gun. I have it in a fobus holster right now on my side. My Glock is my current primary CCW. If you get in line you will get one that has been updated to address past issues. See other Ruger LCP posts on this forum. There is one on Ruger LCP reliability.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    Has anyone ever started reading a thread, not really looking at who wrote it.

Thinking, this guy sounds fimiliar. . I own a G19 too . .. . . .

Then I realize that I wrote the thread over six months ago. . . . .

bleak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    Mesquite, TX
    The LCP seems like a nice little gun. Have you put many rounds through it since you bought it? Any trouble finding .380 ammo? I think I saw some at Walmart the other day but I may be wrong about that. They had a huge amount of 9mm though.

Maxpower

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Any pics of the Ruger LCP?

got one a few months ago:

lcp830_filtered.jpg

DRod

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    I personally love mine. Ive got fifty beans through mine with zero ftf or fte. Carries so well, I almost forgot to glove box it before work tonight. Got all the way to the guard shack before I remembered. Stopped dead in my tracks, wide eyed, spun around and bee lined back to my truck. Crisis averted. So yeah, they are superb carry guns. Especially in warm weather. I plan on some thing a little more potent for cooler weather carry.

TxEMTP69

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Rockport
    Has anyone ever started reading a thread, not really looking at who wrote it.

Thinking, this guy sounds fimiliar. . I own a G19 too . .. . . .

Then I realize that I wrote the thread over six months ago. . . . .

lol gotta love when this happens

texasnative

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2009
    DFW Area
    Bought mine about a month ago at the Ft. Worth Gun Show. Immediately installed the laser sights. Works great. Have about 150 rounds through it with no problems. The pinky extension makes a world of difference.

Mine is configured exactly like the picture posted by Maxpower above.

While my primary carry weapon is a G23, this little pistol works great in the pocket with a nemisis pocket holster.

Would highly recommend as a bug or when you just are not able to carry something larger.

Top Bottom