DK Firearms

Ruger LCR -- anyone shot one or got one?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Feb 1, 2009
    I may put this on my short list of guns that would be good for pocket carry...I am concerned the light weight revolver would be a bear to shoot...anyone who has shot one, please pipe in.
    Texas SOT

9x19

Aug 11, 2008
    I can offer a friend's review of his:

Cylinder has some play but when you pull and hold the trigger it locks up tight as a drum.

Things I like,,,,

The trigger, OMG! Smooth, light, and has a predictable SA break, it will "click" and then feels like a 1911 break.

Light, ,, it be light 13 somthin OZ.

Sights, the front is large and easy to see and the best part is it's removable (via pin) for aftermarket (like night site)

Recoil,,,, low recoil for a gun this light.

Release button,,, doesn't cut you thumb do to design and location.

Tear down, detail stripping is easy! Two star screws and a pin and the bouttom drops out.

Things I don't like?

Not much! Grip is big for tight jeans but thats about it. The grip is actually soft and very comfy and has a spongy spot for between the thumb and finger.

I only got to fire 5 rounds because I was working and had to hurry, Used some random Blazer brass (132gr?) from our range bin. Was expecting more recoil but it was a *****-cat with this ammo.

Havent shot a J size airweight revolver in a LONG time,,, hated them! (my last one was a steel bodygurd in the 90's)

Range was about 27 feet aiming POA ( at the nose) My 3rd shot was high and I called it. GAWD THIS THING IS GREAT and got my juices flowing again. I'm sure I can do really well with it with practice and painted orange front sight,,,will bring it in the morning for some more time and +P ammo. More to come!
    OK, went to work early and my partner and I shot it with different ammo. We had a lot of fun. All groups where similar as above and the LCR isn't ammo picky at all! Everything was right in there and POI was right on.

I ran two types of +P through it too and didn't feel much of a difference,, the thing is a ***** cat! The Hogue "Tamer" grips are real comfy and I didn't feel any discomfort in my hand at all after the shoot. (A first for me with light J size guns) "Cruiser" has a TI Taurus and I recall that thing was annoying to shoot and only weighs a C hair less.

My partner (instructor and competes in target matches with K and L frames) rested his hand against the side window (no support under) and put 4 shots in the same hole and one just under using Fed "hi-shock" 125gr +P, he was like "yep it's a shooter".

As a joke we took a man target (silhouette) out to 25 yards and I put all 5 inside the 9 ring first try.

I found it was better to skip the SA style pull/hitch and just pull through fast. I rally like this thing and it's perfect for shorts and T shirt carry or going out to dinner, and as a back up.

The built in lock is better than S&W too, it's funny because you have to take the grip off to see and activate it (by key) and it sits under the strut. The great thing is, it looks like you can just pop it out as a unit.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Buster1979
    Top Bottom