• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techrecruit

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Houston, TX
    I've been comparing the different Mark III 22's and really dislike the flutted barrel look. And it's really tough to find one with the slab side barrel which I really like.

I've read a little bit about the difference between flutted and slab side and it seems that several of the articles i've read are conflicting each other.

What is the biggest draw for Ruger to put out the flutted barrel?

Also if anyone knows of someone who is looking to get rid of a Mark III with a slab side barrel near the Houston area I'd love to you know.

I tried ordering one at Carters Country and was told that their supplier didn't have any and that either there weren't very many made or they are extremely popular and were sold out New.
    Guns International

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I really don't know if the flutes have any function but I THINK maybe they are for weight reduction, and to aid in cooling. But no matter how much I've shot a .22, I've never had a barrel get what I would call hot. And I agree with you, the slab sides or even bull barrel suite me much better.

I've got an old Mark I with a long tapered barrel, and it's a good plinker. I just recently bought a new .22, but it is a Buckmark with a bull barrel. I looked at the Mark III' and just can't worm up to them. I like the Mark II s and had been looking for a good used one, but they are really hard to find. People tend to hang on to them.

45tex

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I've got a Mark II with a bull barrel, its the 22/45. The feel is great.
    I don't think the 22/45 was ever that popular because they use a different shaped magazine. That said, I see them online often in the $200-$300 price range.
    You might do a search for this model. I have 4 mags and really don't need them all. I see the mags for sale too, sometimes at good prices. Try auctionarms.com

Top Bottom