• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Smith County
    I think the Mark IV hunter uses the same rail system... and if you don't want a bulky pic-rail with a pic-rail mounted Red dot...
    It's a pretty-penny for low-profile, but works well on my Mark IV Hunter. I didn't research what mount to use with the vortex, I just went with the recommendation below... I think a pic-rail added 1/4-1/2 inch rise to the optic on my Mark III, on top of the rise of the optic-rise on the built-in mount.

If you want to go "low-profile", this is what I found in hours of research:

I went with:
    1) Sightmark Mini Shot A-Spec M3 (lifetime warranty like Vortex, per what I read)
    ( $169 - Amazon product ASIN B094DWLY16 )
    and
    2) Madmac RMS-C
    ( $60.95+$10.34 shipping = $71.29 - https://maddmacsprecisiontactical.com/parts-for-rugerreg-mkiii--mkiv-2245trade--2245-litereg.html )

Snipped side view.PNG

Virtually co-witness:
    Red Dot sight picture.PNG

Red Dot Sight picture 2.0.PNG

The Sightmark referenced comes with a dust cover that shuts it off automatically, however, you'll probably need to cut your case insert to allow for the red dot if you want to use the Ruger Case that came with it... if you attached any red dot, or rail.

Case2.jpg

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I think the Mark IV hunter uses the same rail system... and if you don't want a bulky pic-rail with a pic-rail mounted Red dot...
    It's a pretty-penny for low-profile, but works well on my Mark IV Hunter. I didn't research what mount to use with the vortex, I just went with the recommendation below... I think a pic-rail added 1/4-1/2 inch rise to the optic on my Mark III, on top of the rise of the optic-rise on the built-in mount.

I went with:
    1) Sightmark Mini Shot A-Spec M3 (lifetime warranty like Vortex, per what I read)
    and
    2) Madmac RMS-C
    ( $60.95+$10.34 shipping = $71.29 - https://maddmacsprecisiontactical.com/parts-for-rugerreg-mkiii--mkiv-2245trade--2245-litereg.html )

View attachment 349653

Virtually co-witness:
    View attachment 349654

View attachment 349655

The Sightmark referenced comes with a dust cover that shuts it off automatically, however, you'll probably need to cut your case insert to allow for the red dot if you want to use the Ruger Case that came with it... if you attached any red dot, or rail.

View attachment 349661
    Welcome to the Forum!

ghorman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 14, 2022
    Georgetown, TX

I went with:
    and
    2) Madmac RMS-C

View attachment 349653

Virtually co-witness:
    View attachment 349654

View attachment 349655

View attachment 349661
    Thank you. I’m on the fence if I want to co-witness or not. I’ll take a look at that thread, thanks again.

Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Smith County
    Thank you. I’m on the fence if I want to co-witness or not. I’ll take a look at that thread, thanks again.
    If you turn up the muzzle just a smidge, you can center the red-dot in this case, which is what I normally do (per the pics), OR for testing for when (not if) the battery dies, you have the backup iron sights, and they are dead-on at HD/SD ranges (7-10 yd) for mine out of the box. For further ranges, it does shoot off, just a bit, but last range trip I forgot the adjustment tool.

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I just had the same situation a few months ago. I removed the rail and got a vortex mount from tandemkross. I'm happy with it so far.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Smith County
    Interesting, that Shadow mount looks VERY promising...
    I didn't even know it existed, although I did pickup an "Advantage" Charging Handle and Picatinny Rail from them a while back...

Last edited:

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    Interesting, that Shadow mount looks VERY promising...
    I didn't even know it existed, although I did pickup an "Advantage" Charging Handle and Picatinny Rail from them a while back...
    That's the one I got. I have a cheap vortex I got on sale .

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

xkon

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2020
    Houston
    Imo for a 22 I'd just go with a cheap option. It doesn't need to stand up to the abuse of any harsh recoil and will be stationary on the receiver.

Here4TheChix

All the things...
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2022
    Smith County
    To whom it may concern,
    PSA was selling vortex vipers and venoms at a steep discount recently. Option may be limited now but still worth a look. Last time I checked some were going for $130.
    I got my son a USED Vortex Red Dot for his 21st birthday with a USED Glock 17 (that's what he wanted),
    and he had problems with it, he sent it back for RMA, and they sent him a BRAND NEW REPLACEMENT!

As good as, or better than DillonPrecision's Service, I'd say!!!

jwales

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2020
    DFW
    I have ruger 22/45 lite. Looking for suggestion on a reddot. Right now I’m leaning towards the Vortex Viper (i think that is correct).
    I have a couple Vortex Venom red-dots - battery access is from top, and does NOT require removal of the site from the mount.
    I think the Venom came with a picatinny rail mount, so mounting it to my 22/45 Mark III with the picatinny rail was a no-brainer.

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    I've got a Mk3 22/45 lite with a burris on it and a Mk4 22/45 lite with a vortex on it. I like the vortex a tiny bit more.

Burris makes a mount that replaces the rear sight on the 22/45 and mounts your red dot as low as possible, I use it on both Rugers.

Top Bottom