• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Plain old mini was $679 (blued w/ wood stock) and the target (in hogue stock) was $899 at Gander Mountain in College Station a week ago. Academy still had them for $599 for the same configuration at that time IIRC.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I've been looking around here at all gun shops and pawn shops and there weren't any to be found.

There's one pawn shop that usually has a decent selection of guns and although I was in there this last weekend looking for a Mini 14 that they didn't have, I decided to run in and take a look at the pistols. I first did a real quick scan of the rifles which were your standard fare of synthetic stock bolt-action rifles and beat up shotguns. After looking at the pistols, one of the clerks asked if I found anything I wanted to take a look at and I replied with a no. As soon as I replied, my eyes fixed on the slide handle of a synthetic stock rifle with matte stainless barrel. HOLY SH*T...a brand new MINI 14! I looked it over and the lady said they had just received it that day. The had it for $699 and I wanted to put some money down on it, but I had left my checkbook at home and the shop was closing in about 10 minutes. I told her I'd be back tomorrow to put it on lay-away and she told me I'd better hurry up.

Well this morning, I decided to go to the bank to get some cash rather than dealing with a check then I swung over to the pawn shop. As soon as I walked in, the lady smiled at me and asked if I was still interested in the Mini 14 and I said, 'if you still have it, it's mine!" Another clerk told me that another guy had looked at the gun and was on his way back to the pawn shop with cash to buy it, but I beat him to the punch!

All I can say now is Merry Christmas to me!

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Congrats. Now go to www.ruger.com and stock up on 20 round mags for 29.99 while you can. They are the only truly reliable 20 rounders available. They are backordered now but will honor that price until innauguration day and will fill all orders (according to their website). They've actually switched back and forth from backordered to available several times now. Only other mags to trust are the promag 20 rounders (available at academy for 19.99) I'd stay away from the 30 rounders personally. This is based on my experiences only, YMMV.

Enjoy!!

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    Sweet! That was my next thing I was going to concentrate on, well that and .223 ammo. Thanks for the heads up!

Congrats. Now go to www.ruger.com and stock up on 20 round mags for 29.99 while you can. They are the only truly reliable 20 rounders available. They are backordered now but will honor that price until innauguration day and will fill all orders (according to their website). They've actually switched back and forth from backordered to available several times now. Only other mags to trust are the promag 20 rounders (available at academy for 19.99) I'd stay away from the 30 rounders personally. This is based on my experiences only, YMMV.

Enjoy!!

juwaba98

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    Speaking of ammo, my mini shoots the monarch blue box from academy perfectly. Stinks something fierce but is accurate and reliable. It's $5.29/box of 20 if you can find any and is laquered steel cased ammo. Thats what I've been stocking up with.

chevydeerhunter

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 23, 2008
    San Antonio
    I'm gonna have to jump on that since .223 is becoming scarce around here as well as all the other popular calibers. The other problem, especially this time of year is money.
    Man, I wish I was a millionaire!

Speaking of ammo, my mini shoots the monarch blue box from academy perfectly. Stinks something fierce but is accurate and reliable. It's $5.29/box of 20 if you can find any and is laquered steel cased ammo. Thats what I've been stocking up with.

Top Bottom