• ...and so much more!
  • diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    Well, about a week ago, I got an e-mail confirming that I would soon receive shipping information in order that I could return my MK IV 22/45 Lite for the safety recall. Fast forward to this afternoon--I received a flat mailer that contained a pre-addressed USPS Priority Mail Box, an instruction leaflet, a serialized sticker, and a small bubble-wrap "envelope".

The instructions were clear and simple--(1) remove the lower from the upper; (2) check the serial number on the sticker provided against the serial number of the firearm; (3) secure the sticker around the trigger guard; (4) slide the lower only into the bubble-wrap envelope; (5) insert the bubble-wrap envelope into the now-assembled Priority Mail box; (6) seal the box and secure with additional packing tape; and (7) drop the Priority Mail box into the mail.

The leaflet says that Ruger will do their best to get the updated lower back to you in about a week from the time they receive it under this recall, along with a free MK IV mag for your troubles.

Game on!
    Venture Surplus ad

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    Ruger is a stand up company. They should have you up and running in no time. Sounds like a simple function check and maybe a spring replacement.
    Have you tried to duplicate the situation with the trigger and cause the gun to fire?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Have you tried to duplicate the situation with the trigger and cause the gun to fire?

I have, and it didn't show the behavior described in the recall. Then again, all those squirrelly little bits inside have been replaced with the Volquartsen kit.

Mikewood

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2011
    Houston
    I have, and it didn't show the behavior described in the recall. Then again, all those squirrelly little bits inside have been replaced with the Volquartsen kit.

You will want to remove those before shipment. Ruger will replace them with factory parts and may not return them to you and if they are fitted to the Ruger safety the new parts may not fit the Volquartsen parts once it comes back.

Since you don't have a problem I would not send it in to repair a problem you don't have.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    Ruger is a stand up company. They should have you up and running in no time. Sounds like a simple function check and maybe a spring replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was skeptical of Ruger before because they had no warranty stated on any firearm. But having dealt with them, I can say Ruger is the best company I've dealt with period. One that truly cares about its customers, not just in firearms industry, but compared to everything. Not saying that lightly as I'm pretty jaded from having dealt with truly horrendous customer service from giant companies. *cough* rooms to go *cough*.

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    My Mark IV has gone through the recall update. It took about a month to get it back and they gave me a magazine for my trouble. The changes did not affect the operation of the pistol and it still shoots great.

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    My experience with Rugers customer service has not been as good as some others above. I blew up my stainless .44 magnum superblackhawk at a silhouette match. I had a squib that lodged in the barrel. Thinking it was a hang fire, I waited 15 seconds and fired my next round. It blew the top side of the barrel out, peppering myself and my spotter with hot gas and particles. I was told by fellow shooters NOT to send it back to Ruger as I would not get it back. I just wanted them to put a new barrel on it for which I would have gladly paid for. I sent it back, and not only would they NOT rebarrel it, they KEPT it! They told my FFL they would SELL me a new gun at whole sale. I went that route eventually and they sent it to my FFL. This is one of the tightest lock-up Rugers I've ever owned. But the experience left me with a bad taste in my mouth toward Rugers customer service.

Last edited:

LOCKHART

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2014
    Lockhart, Texas
    Yeah? Well, if you have one of Rugers .357 Maximum revolvers, just send it back for repairs and see what happens! You won't get it back! Oh, they will offer you one of their other revolvers to compensate you, but your Maximum is gone forever.

heavygunner8

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 7, 2016
    Houston
    I'm guessing they're not gonna send it back to you is because that sort of damage is unrepairable. Sending it back to you unrepaired would open Ruger to liability lawsuits.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    I'm guessing they're not gonna send it back to you is because that sort of damage is unrepairable. Sending it back to you unrepaired would open Ruger to liability lawsuits.
    Attempting to fix it when it's unrepairable would open them up to liability, but not sending someone their property back is opening them up a different kind of lawsuit.

Top Bottom