• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I gotta say, that Turnbull is absolutely gorgeous.
    @Andiamo

750 isnt bad for a Turnbull product.

Their charcoal color case hardening is the ultimate in gun finishing. The only competition they have is some of the finer deeply polished high end bluing finishes done. If I'm not mistaken Turnbull does that too.
    Venture Surplus ad

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    @Andiamo

750 isnt bad for a Turnbull product.

Their charcoal color case hardening is the ultimate in gun finishing. The only competition they have is some of the finer deeply polished high end bluing finishes done. If I'm not mistaken Turnbull does that too.
    Yeah I like it a lot, especially the grip, I just wish I could find a Mk IV in stainless with a rail. I don’t believe they come in that combo

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Yeah I like it a lot, especially the grip, I just wish I could find a Mk IV in stainless with a rail. I don’t believe they come in that combo

I have a stainless target model and it came drilled to accept a rail so you can add one with little fuss.

TX oddball

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    DFW

Nope, Ruger does not make one. The only models with rails are the 22/45 Lite and Tactical, none in stainless. You need to add an aftermarket rail to their stainless models.

I have a MkIV Lite in green and it is nice, especially when I screw on a Dead Air Mask. Mk IV Lites can be had in gun stores, you just need to look. The guys I know who own MK IVs are NOT interested in selling them, so why not buy new?

Last edited:

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    Nope, Ruger does not make one. The only models with rails are the 22/45 Lite and Tactical, none in stainless. You need to add an aftermarket rail to their stainless models.

I have a MkIV Lite in green and it is nice, especially when I screw on a Dead Air Mask. Mk IV Lites can be had in gun stores, you just need to look. The guys I know who own MK IVs are NOT interested in selling them, so why not buy new?
    No options for aftermarket underbarrel rails?

glenbo

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 3, 2014
    San Leon
    I love the Turnbull and would order one if they had more choices in grip panels. Plastic is OK but looks cheesy with the case hardened finish, and the wooden target panels look too big and unwieldy.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Here you go Mark IV Hunter SS with a threaded barrel. It is unfired with all original case and docs. $900.00
    Always happy to help. No discount.

Attachments

• 75F31A3B-D0A1-4763-B048-8613511B45F8.jpeg
      75F31A3B-D0A1-4763-B048-8613511B45F8.jpeg
      1.3 MB · Views: 86

Andiamo

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2021
    Austin
    Went into the LGS today to buy a MkIV Tac. I did not realize the upper was the serialized part of the firearm. I was looking to have two barrels, one a long target non threaded and one the short threaded that comes on the lite. This would result in me doing two transfers.

Top Bottom