• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I feel like I'm missing something when people complain about how hard it is to strip these pistols. Ive got a mark 2 and a 22/45 lite. Neither are hard to strip nor the other half dozen I've cleaned.
    Same here. I made a loop out of a Ty-Wrap which I use to pull the lever on the back strap out and from there on it's easy.
    Texas SOT

Sapper740

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Great post Checcles, thank you. Ill be installing all the mods on my pistol except the target sights. I put a HWS on my Ruger for my old ass eyes.

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Just put the bushing and the sear kit on my 22/45. It was a little confusing with the new sear spring. It's different than the stock piece and I couldn't find any good instructions on where the long end was supposed to sit. After a little hammer follow problem (if there is such a thing) I figured it out.

Taking it to the range tomorrow.

Thanks for the tips!

checcles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2012
    El Paso
    Check out the speed strip kit from majestic arms. I put it on my MKII and am glad I did.

I bought one of those back in the day and never installed it because I learned how to properly disassembly the pistol and realized I didn't need it. Glad I learned as Ruger pistols really aren't that hard, especially with YouTube these days!

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I bought one of those back in the day and never installed it because I learned how to properly disassembly the pistol and realized I didn't need it. Glad I learned as Ruger pistols really aren't that hard, especially with YouTube these days!
    They have a kit called 3.2 that I bought. Changes the bushing and deletes the mag disconnect.

flylot

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 4, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I just installed the target sear from Volquartsen and the Magazine Disconnect Bushing from Tandemkross on my 22/45. With the help of reverse tweezers, lots of illumination, lots of swearing and a powerful magnet to find the dropped trigger plunger spring (Gaaaahg!), I managed to succeed. I must admit, after all the heartache it was worth it. Those guys on youtube deserve my gratitude because without them, it would not have been possible.....

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    I just installed the target sear from Volquartsen and the Magazine Disconnect Bushing from Tandemkross on my 22/45. With the help of reverse tweezers, lots of illumination, lots of swearing and a powerful magnet to find the dropped trigger plunger spring (Gaaaahg!), I managed to succeed. I must admit, after all the heartache it was worth it. Those guys on youtube deserve my gratitude because without them, it would not have been possible.....

Now you've done one of the hardest guns you're golden for many more.

Disassemble a CZ 83 and you're at the next level.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Going to need more trigger time on mine before do those. Maybe try to improve the trigger pull a little too. Kind of rough right now but only 50 rounds thru it so far.

from an idgit coffeeholic

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    My favorite addition was the Burris Fastfire III with the conformal mount. It seems to make everyone that uses it a marksman. Coke cans don't stand a chance 25 yds+ away. Plus it is just high enough to see over the suppressor.

Putting the rail on, and then a sight on top of it, places it too high above the bore for my liking.

Oh, and don't forget the Cliploader, it makes loading those magazines a snap.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I've ordered new magazine bumpers from brownells. I use them and my dad can't use the mags without them. Highly recommended to seat your mags all the way.

Tandemkross sent me 4 but only 2 fit the spring guide retainer rod thing. The holes were too small on 2 of them and they can wiggle loose and you'll lose your base, springs, guide thing and ammo.

Top Bottom