• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hiway1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    Dallas,Texas
    That.
    Also it sounds like the mags may be dragging. They are easy to take apart. You tube is your friend. A little WD40 will flush out anything in them. Then just a light oiling will make them feed better. Mine were like that and would misfeed when new. Sometimes, especially from a full mag would feed fine and then the follower would stick and jamb.

sent from an idgit coffeeholic

JR,
    This is a pretty new 22/45, so I'll work on the mag's....when its full, it seems to feed okay, then after 5 shots or so it will missfeed..
    sounds like what your describing..I'll clean and oil them and see what transpires...

Thanks for the tip..

Hiway1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2016
    Dallas,Texas
    I just ordered a Tac-Sol 22/45 OEM Mag, supposed to fit tighter and resolve the inherit feed issue
    with the factory versions....it also has a better release spring in the base...will share the results, as I
    try them....

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Factory mags work. It's just the few I have seen tend to be really dry when you get them. Clean and lube yhem just like the rest of the pistol and you should be good for quite a while. But more mags are good too.

from an idgit coffeeholic

M2 Carbine

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2014
    Having met Copperheads, Rattlesnakes and Skunks around the place in the dark, I had a need for not only a flashlight but a small critter gun.
    So I installed a rail and Streanlight TLR-2 in front of the trigger guard on my Ruger.
    Not only is it very handy as a flashlight/gun but it's a good gun for low light/dark, laser/light practice.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Saw a thread about doing a trigger job on a 22/45 so I thought I'd post my experience with these...

First mod should be a MKIII hammer bushing like this one: https://www.tandemkross.com/Steel-Ruger-Mark-III-2245-Magazine-Disconnect-Bushing_p_9.html (use code RFQUALITY for 1.99 off)

Well that was the second mod I attempted on my wife's 22/45 Lite. First one was some halfway decent sights. That one went easily enough. Thus having gained some misplaced confidence, I attempted the hammer bushing what's it, following these directions:

Here I thought I did everything right, put the thing back together, mainspring doesn't close. Take it apart again, make sure to do everything right this time, mainspring closes, bolt doesn't rack. Fine. Take it back apart, push that pin through again, crap, pushed too far, parts and bits and springs everywhere. Swept it all up, stuffed it into a baggie and taking a break now. Bill Ruger really was the ultimate troll.

49l0Fl6.jpg

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I just did mine along with the sear and trigger...dang what a difference. Kar98, if you are in the DFW area I would offer to help get it reassembled...

Offer most gratefully accepted! What's your favorite beer?

Last edited:

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Now if only that damn rear sight wouldn't become uncentered every time I dick around with that gun...

dermunkee

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2016
    Katy, TX
    Get your sight centered, tighten the set screw enough to mar the paint on the upper where it hits, remove the sight and use a drill bit the same size as the screw to create a tiny dimple in the upper where your paint is marred (you need to make sure you get this part right). Reassemble the sight, use blue loctite on the set screw and tighten snugly. The ruger sights aren't horrible, but they drift horribly.

APynckel

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Houston, Tx
    Was the first and only modification I ever did to my 22/45. The trigger is absolutely heavenly now. Pistol is a tack driving machine, and a dream to shoot suppressed.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Finally! Woohoo! Made it through a ton of ammo (didn't count, maybe half a box of 525?) without a single jam! Remington golden bullet in a MkIII 22/45 lite. The sights stay where they're supposed to be, the magazine fits into the grip without having to hold your mouth just right and shoots right back out when you press the button, and meanwhile you also don't need a damn mallet anymore to clean it.

coachrick

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    north-north Austin
    Modded my 22/45 so much, it turned into a Smith and Wesson Victory!

Honestly, there is nothing about the 22/45 I liked better than I like on
    the Vic. Time will tell if the Vic becomes a classic; but it's got one heck of a following already!

Top Bottom