• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    The "P" story is well represented at the Flash house. I've owned 1-P85, 2-P89 and two P95 pistols. Magazines all interchanged except with the P85.

The P85 is a robust, solid, heavy pistol for a 9mm. I really like that pistol!

The P95 has a Poly frame and the slide was shortened. Unlike the Glock, the P95 slide runs on Poly rails with NO metal in them. Slide to rail life was tested and proved to be very good.

Flash
    Gun Zone Deals

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've owned 4. Installing a P95 trigger in the P85 makes a different pistol. No more super long trigger reach and the reset is a lot more defined.

If you get a chance to try a p85 with the switched out trigger. Take it. It'll change your opinion about being a blocky pistol.

Nightwatch

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2014
    Agreed-I had a friend send me a P95 trigger he'd already honed down to put into my P90---whole different and better feel and much better reach. Don't know why they didn't put the curved ones in all the pistols to begin with-make quite a difference.

Texasgordo

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 15, 2008
    Gonzales, Texas
    I have a P90 that had been a great pistol. The trigger isn't the best but it runs perfect.

For $210 I would have bought the P85 too. That's why I love going to GTs. You never know what you will find.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    They all have that MIM gritty feeling. It's the shape of the p85 trigger that sucks the most. The 85 trigger Damn near touches the front of the trigger guard.

It's farther forward then a Beretta 96 and feels just as huge.

The p85's had a guberment contract for something like 5000 pistols. Philippines I think(?). Thanks to that, it has a hEaVy pull and higher spring tension on the firing pin for thick military primers. Lighten all that up and it's a pleasure to shoot.

Personally I think it's one the best pistols made. Using MIM parts to keep it cheap. Amazingly designed internals.

Hogue grips set it off.

Stukaman

Well-Known
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Fort Worth
    Have a P89 with a safety which I abhor but I do love the gun just wish it was a decocker.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom