• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    Anybody on here have any experiance with the .375 Ruger. I have been really wanting one for awhile now and can't seem to shake the want. Was kinda wondering how they felt on recoil and performance on North American game.
    DK Firearms

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Recoil should be roughly the same as a .375 H&H. It'll feel similar to a full house .300 Win Mag with a bit more push. So it's certainly not light on recoil.

It is powerful enough to easily take anything in North America. It would be hell on small game.

My personal opinion is that it's massively overkill, very expensive to feed, ammo is hard to find, and it's not a chambering that is going to last in my opinion.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    Recoil should be roughly the same as a .375 H&H. It'll feel similar to a full house .300 Win Mag with a bit more push. So it's certainly not light on recoil.

It is powerful enough to easily take anything in North America. It would be hell on small game.

My personal opinion is that it's massively overkill, very expensive to feed, ammo is hard to find, and it's not a chambering that is going to last in my opinion.

I agree 100% with this. I would not buy one. If you have to have a big gun, buy a 375 H&H. Unless you handload, and buy a set of dies and a bunch of brass up front, you run a big risk of this caliber being discontinued. All of the manufacturers are coming up with these new designations to try to reinvent the wheel and spark sales. And, they do for awhile, but then the craze is over and everyone figures out that they have nothing better. And, once that happens, the ammo manufacturers will stop production, and, unless you have a bunch of factory stuff saved up or a bunch of brass, you are SOL. I believe this one will go by the wayside with the short mags and the super short mags. It just doesnt do anything different or better enough to risk buying one.

dee

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Red River Way
    My selling point is reloading dies are cheap brass is kinda cheap at least compared to alot of Weatherby stuff. Another thing is I really like the Ruger bolt actions but the .375 H&H is only in the long action magnum rifles and that tacks another grand onto the price of the rifle.

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    My selling point is reloading dies are cheap brass is kinda cheap at least compared to alot of Weatherby stuff. Another thing is I really like the Ruger bolt actions but the .375 H&H is only in the long action magnum rifles and that tacks another grand onto the price of the rifle.

Yes, dies are cheap. Brass may be cheap now, but when its discontinued, it will be like gold. I have a MKII 300 Win mag and it shoots pretty good with my loads and it didnt cost but $100 more at the time. Weatherby brass is not that high(factory ammo is) but I load my 7mm Weatherby. Hey, if you really want one get it. Just buy about 200 pc of new brass with the dies and you wont ever have to worry about running out. Just dont forget your handloads and end up in the Uvalde Wally World at midnight on a Friday.....

Top Bottom