• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Phoebe Ann

Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    I went to my dad's today and we were talking about guns (see Gun Saturation thread ;) ) and he proceeds to go to his closet and pull out a gun case. He hands it to me, I open it and there is the most beautiful gun ever. A Ruger Speed Six 38 special in mint condition. He said it was over 20 years old. He's never shot it and he doesn't know if anyone else has.

Does anyone know much about this gun, it's reputation, worth?

Thanks!

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I went to my dad's today and we were talking about guns (see Gun Saturation thread ;) ) and he proceeds to go to his closet and pull out a gun case. He hands it to me, I open it and there is the most beautiful gun ever. A Ruger Speed Six 38 special in mint condition. He said it was over 20 years old. He's never shot it and he doesn't know if anyone else has.

Does anyone know much about this gun, it's reputation, worth?

Thanks!

It is worth nothing if it is not loaded. I do not look at guns as investments. If I find a winning Lotto ticket { I do not pay into the "stupid tax"} I will be purchasing a Searcy Double Rifle in .600 Nitro Express. It will be custom fitted for me and will cost about $40,000. It will also be used to shoot all of the Big 5 on an extended African Safari.

To me, it is worth $40,000 to have the best tool on the market.

The Ruger Speed Six is a fine gun , in effect, a great tool. But the only way if you know if a tool works is to use it.

Phoebe Ann

Jun 1, 2009
    Houston ish
    It is worth nothing if it is not loaded.

Some cars are bought and never driver and they are worth more now than if they had been driven. ;) But I understand what you're saying...just giving you a hard time.

My dad wouldn't load the gun. That's just him. I have no idea why he even has it. Anywho, I was just wondering if anyone could tell me a little about the gun, its reputation, its history.

I hope you make it on that safari! Would be awesome!

cowboy45

May 1, 2008
    mexia texas
    That speed six is a very classy revolver. I have one in .357 The entire line of that design were built like a tank. Speed six, security six, and service six. The really unique thing about them is that there is only one screw in the entire gun. That screw is what holds the grips on and complete disassembly only requires a pin or a small brad nail, and the simple knowledge of how to do it. Enjoy it and blast away.

Top Bottom