• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 16, 2013
    What is everyone's opinions on the Ruger sr1911? I am thinking about getting my first 1911 and like everything about this so far (SS, sights, and of course the $600 price)

zx9rt1

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 6, 2008
    I love mine. Have had zero issues of any kind with the Ruger. IMO you can not go wrong with it. Great finish and fit, shoots fantastic, and American made!

texagun

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2008
    North Texas
    I've got 2 of them and they are excellent guns. They have everything I want in a 1911 (Extended grip safety, no firing pin safety, no forward slide serrations, no sprayed on finishes, 3-dot sights that are easy to pick-up, a reasonable price point, and an excellent warranty). Probably the best value in a 1911 on the market.

Lobo_79

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    San Antonio
    I bought my Remington R1 enhanced before the Ruger's were readily available. Like you I've concluded the SR1911 would be a good investment. My shopping list reflects this...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GPtwins

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Sachse, Tx
    Full disclosure, all my handguns are Ruger! I love my SR1911. The last time I took it out to the range I shot it the best of any my .45acps. It might have even been better than my SR9 that day. :) It is quite heavy as one would expect. A simple three-dot sight makes aiming a snap. Great looking wood grips. An no fuss trigger. Everything you want in a gun.

TheCytochromeC

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 12, 2013
    DFW
    I think SR-1911's are pretty sweet. I've shot them as well as RIA and I personally felt like the R-1911 had an ever slightly better finish. I can only speak for the one's I've held/shot. I wish upon a star Ruger will start making them in 10mm. :candle:

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    I'd totally buy one - and I'm picky about 1911s.

The parts are in-spec, the pistol is made of good materials and well-finished.

I had a chat with a Ruger rep at the range a while back when they first brought them out and mentioned that I was pretty pleased that the "upgrades" (as compared to a GI-style 1911) were almost exactly what I would have fit myself - he smiled and said "We got a LOT of feedback from the 1911 community as to what they wanted."

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    This is going to be my next 1911. Saxet had one for 629. Unfortunately my favorite LGS has one, but it's 750.

"Character is doing the right thing even when no one is watching"

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    For a long while the SR1911 was very difficult to find, either at a gun shop, on-line, or at a gun show. I found one new in May 2011, about $750.

Money well spent, and I never looked back.

Beats the pants off of my Kimbers and Colts. Great trigger, sights, and grip. Never a hiccup with factory ammo. Accuracy is better than advertised.

Have not tried aftermarket magazines -- only the ones that came with the pistol.

Some Rugers (especially Mini-14) do prefer OEM mags.

Strike while the fire is hot!

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I happened across one at Academy when they were still really hard to come by and it just happened to follow me home. Then I happened across a commander version much later at a gun show and I'll be darned if it didn't follow me home too. Less than 700 each for both of them. Both great pistols, but the fit and finish on the commander isn't quite up to what it was on it's big brother. Mostly just marking on the interior if you're being picky. The important stuff is right and they both go bang reliably.

Is it reasonable to be able to expect to get one for 600-650 otd?

Possibly. Extend that to 699 and it becomes definitely. I saw 2 for 659 last weekend.

Gringo Pistolero

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    Is it reasonable to be able to expect to get one for 600-650 otd?

I think that depends on where you are located. They seem to run a little higher than that here. I did pick up a CMD last month for 700 OTD though. Money well spent. I'm really enjoying it and it has been flawless with any ammo I have tried so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    Paid $629 plus tax at Bachman's last month. Pleased with it so far, will probably get a trigger job but I do that to all my 1911's.

Top Bottom