• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • craftkr

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2011
    Rockport, Texas
    Saw one a month ago at a gun show, seemed like a nice rifle. I wouldn't mind running across another one, I'd pick it up if I had the cash... and my wife isn't with me. :facepalm:
    DK Firearms

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    Probably January, I'm picking one of these up. I'm looking around for best pricing... but it'll throw all the .308 ammo down range quite nice, I suspect.

Andy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Dallas, TX
    The complaints about "heavy" make me laugh! It's not substantially heavier than anything similar. Besides, in a .308, you want a little mass in the rifle to absorb recoil.
    The AR-generation are a bunch of pussies, by all accounts. I carried an FN-FAL (9.5 lbs) in Africa and Americans in WW2 carried the M1 Garand (around the same weight).

Oh, and before anyone whines, I am a combat veteran (most recently Iraq) and talk from some experience - I've done a wee bit more than just wave my dick around on Arfcom, buy fashionable gear so I can play "operator" and jerk off to COD.

Complaints about balance in any rifle, however, would be understandable.

Last edited:

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    The AR-generation are a bunch of pussies, by all accounts. I carried an FN-FAL (9.5 lbs) in Africa and Americans in WW2 carried the M1 Garand (around the same weight).

Oh, and before anyone whines, I am a combat veteran (most recently Iraq) and talk from some experience - I've done a wee bit more than just wave my dick around on Arfcom, buy fashionable gear so I can play "operator" and jerk off to COD.

Complaints about balance in any rifle, however, would be understandable.

BMOI....Big Man On Interwebz. Most vets who brag about their service are liars.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    What are these going for locally? I see them on GT's site at about $1600 but that may be the LE price, and I don't think medics gets LE pricing for Ruger.

Mreed911

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Apr 18, 2013
    Austin, TX
    I kept Ft Hood safe from full cans of beer and uneaten pizza while waiting to deploy until we got stood down. Theres my big active duty story!

Sounds like a lot of my cousin's time at Ft. Hood, but he actually got deployed to the sandbox to help unload tanks from planes.

BMOI....Big Man On Interwebz. Most vets who brag about their service are liars.

That's probably a bit much (the broad brush approach), but I generally agree that the worse the experience the less gets said. My cousin knows my public safety experience and when he came home I told him if he ever NEEDED to talk I'd listen, otherwise he'd just be my cousin as normal. He said "nope, I'm good" and that was that. Not sure what he did or didn't see or do, but he was there three times in total. Thankfully, while he'd acquired some bad habits (likely as coping mechanisms), he's not unstable, has a great job and most importantly a VERY supportive family and immediate family in the area. Contrast this to a paramedic I work with who, to this day, is "an operator" and everything, including his medical gear, is "tac'ed out." The stories never end... which makes me wonder.

As for the SR762, as soon as my wrecked (but salvageable) Triumph sells I'll convert one pile of metal into another.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    There is something to say for balance. And it seems bullpups get a lot of complaints about bad triggers compared to more standard designs.

I would prefer a bullpup and will probably get one if prices ever come down. I don't get to picky about the trigger on that type of weapon anyways.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    That's what I had in mind on my last post, but can't see myself dropping $1800 on a rifle when my AR suites me just fine.

I don't want it that bad.

Saltyag2010

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 11, 2014
    Flour Bluff, America
    I have a piston ar. It's no heavier than similar di ars.
    While this ruger piston system looks different and heavier in 308 I doubt I would notice compared to a similar configured ar10. They're not varmint barrels guys. I don't notice ounces in rifles.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have a piston ar. It's no heavier than similar di ars.
    While this ruger piston system looks different and heavier in 308 I doubt I would notice compared to a similar configured ar10. They're not varmint barrels guys. I don't notice ounces in rifles.

There is a difference and its noticeable. If i was a 3 gun gamer id care.

-Without Life there can be no Liberty-

SE7EN26

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 1, 2013
    Granbury
    i played with one in a LGS, it felt fine in weight for a 308 rifle. About the same as a FAL i had. Not my cup of tea but I would assume itd get the job done. BTW... Mitch, Id be more than happy to help you in test firing it once you get it, cause Im sure your gonna get it after all lol

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Robert Harrell
    Top Bottom