Ruger SR556?

goodfellas

Mar 20, 2008
San Antonio
Has anyone picked one of these up yet? If so where did you get it and how are you liking it. The idea of getting one keeps going back and forth in my head.

TSU45

Jun 6, 2008
San Marcos, Tx
They are on the shelves. I've seen some pics ,but no range reports yet. Sounds like they are retailing in the $1400-$1600 range. Might not be that bad of a deal after all.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
May 28, 2008
Mustang Ridge
This rifle kind of pisses me off. I think they should fix the Mini-14 before offering another carbine in the same caliber. The only thing wrong with the Mini is it is inaccurate. I kind of hope the SR556 is as inaccurate as the Mini.

I do not think they will sell well unless the NRA fluffs them up in Rifleman Magazine, and even then the only people who will buy them will be the people who are in lockstep with the NRA and believe everything they say.

Vellcrow

Aug 8, 2008
Pflugerville
My first thoughts were "great...another AR". We need another AR like we need another 1911. Where is the innovation? Where is the pioneering spirit that helped build this country? Where is the AUG clone chambered in 7.62mmS that takes AK mags???

Either way, we got one in at Red's North, and it is just like all the other ARs out there.

thehemi

Dec 8, 2008
Texas
The only thing wrong with the Mini is it is inaccurate. I kind of hope the SR556 is as inaccurate as the Mini.
Read the quick little review that I came across.

"At about 100 yards, he found sub-one-inch groups easy, with Match grade 69 grain and 77 grain loads from Black Hills Ammunition shooting the tightest."

okie556

Well-Known
Feb 12, 2009
Longview, TX
They are on the shelves. I've seen some pics ,but no range reports yet. Sounds like they are retailing in the $1400-$1600 range. Might not be that bad of a deal after all.
On the cover of the new Guns & Ammo...........just received in the mail and haven't read the article yet.

Okie556

Top Bottom