Lynx Defense

Ruger to stop selling ALL semi auto pistols in California?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Sad part: the only ones this will really effect are the people who were probably against, and voted against those who enacted these laws.

PhulesAu

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 26, 2013
    Texas, Mostly
    Let the whole state rot, I've no sympathy for any of them. A lot more companies need to Stop selling anything to California.

Last edited:

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Partly true. They're going to stop paying CA's extortion to keep pistols on the state's "safe" roster. This is a first step toward a lawsuit to attack and remove that roster.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Partly true. They're going to stop paying CA's extortion to keep pistols on the state's "safe" roster. This is a first step toward a lawsuit to attack and remove that roster.

So current pistols on the "safe" list, they'll keep selling? I've read how absurd that list is and how much money is involved to get a product on it.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    What a complete 180 from the days when Bill was selling out to the feds. Now Ruger's telling Kalifornia to take a walk. Hopefully others will soon follow suit, and hopefully more than just the firearms industry joins in. I'd love to see the automobile folks tell them to take a walk (literally) as they were going to stop trying to meet CARB rules.

So current pistols on the "safe" list, they'll keep selling? I've read how absurd that list is and how much money is involved to get a product on it.

Get a product on and keep it on from what I understand. From what I've read, as products come up for renewal, they will just drop off the approved list as the money will stop flowing from Ruger to Commiefornia.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio

That's what I'm seeing. Ruger wouldn't have any control of wholesalers selling into CA, but if Ruger lets the roster stuff expire... That's the only way Ruger can really say "no more Ruger pistols to CA."

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    There will still be plenty of manufactures more than willing to jump through any hoops Cali creates

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    There will still be plenty of manufactures more than willing to jump through any hoops Cali creates

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

AFAIK, nobody's microstamping yet, and that's the latest hoop required to get on the roster. A lot of manufacturers are onto the game - CA is trying to use state laws to force manufacturers to do stuff so it'll happen in all 50 states where things like loaded chamber indicators (yeah, CA is to blame for a lot of those) and microstamping.

There comes a point where it's no longer profitable to sell guns in a certain market, and I'm pretty sure most manufacturers (rightly) see microstamping as a way to kill their sales in other states.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Here's the most direct "source" I can find.

2014 SHOT Show- Day 1 | CalGunLaws

I see what M Sage was saying, they're going to let guns "drop off" the list. How absurd! They have to pay to get guns on some permission list then have to keep paying to keep them on there!?

Rights being destroyed by regulation. I can't celebrate. I mean I am happy to see the lines increasingly drawn but there are good people suffering in these backwards states as well. It is better that gun makers pull out of Cali instead of bending to their demands though.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom