ARJ Defense ad

Ruh Roh. Pro fishermen caught cheating at tournament.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coiled

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 25, 2016
    SETX
    The few tourneys I've watched in the past few years all fish are caught, landed, weighed and released in 1 seemingly unedited video clip. No fish make it to actual weigh in.

OP vid clip shows 10/1/2022, what have I missed?

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Nope. They still do weigh in tournaments. They just are not as exciting to watch as the ones where you see ALL the fish they catch. When they are released imediately after the weigh it is hard to catch the cheaters. Unless they get stupid like this guy. When you have average fish that are above average weight it sparks interest. Quick. And even in local events you can get felony charges for fraud. The ones I used to fish, that guy would be lucky not to be going to the hospital before jail.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    I've seen all sorts of people cheat.... factory reps & cops to name a few. From launching early, fishing out of bounds & even leaving notes on vehicles pre fishing a spot or putting no trespassing signs up at a small launch spot, icing over sized redfish to make them in the slot limit.

Wudidiz

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 8, 2022
    Tomball
    Back in the 80’s I fished alot of Bass tournaments in Oklahoma. A Fish & Wildlife ranger was at the weigh-in one day and noticed that the winning fish had red lips. It turns out that it was “stringer burn” from having spent the day or so before the tournament on a stringer hidden somewhere on the lake. That guy was lucky to make it out alive. At another tournament I also saw a guy get caught stuffing his Bass with weights. I quit the tournaments and went back to fishing for pleasure. Too many bad people in the world.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    The few tourneys I've watched in the past few years all fish are caught, landed, weighed and released in 1 seemingly unedited video clip. No fish make it to actual weigh in.

OP vid clip shows 10/1/2022, what have I missed?
    Those are the made for TV fishing league shows where a "referee" is on each boat correct?

I havnt fished or watched tournaments on TV regularly for probably 30 years, so I dont know how it works now but I thought the fish had to be alive to count.

They probably would have continued to win if they just didnt get greedy and started shoving essentially mini shot put balls down the fish throats. I mean lose one every now and again lol.

Top Bottom