• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomhall75

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Fort Worth
    Hi folks,

I live in Texas and will be going to Arkansas for some recreational shooting. I plan on taking several shotguns, SA and revolver handguns, and an AK semi-auto I just got as a gift. I have a CHL. I'm concerned about the laws regarding transportation of an assualt rifle across state lines. Anybody know the laws or where I can go to get some clarity?
    DK Firearms

RetArmySgt

Glad to be back.
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    College Station
    as·sault ri·fle

noun
    assault rifles, plural
    1. a selective fire rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge and a detachable magazine, designed for infantry use

Just dont go to Ca and youre fine. They have a different definition.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Read this:

NRA-ILA: Transporting Firearms Across State Lines

In a nutshell...

Federal law does not restrict individuals (except convicted felons; persons under indictment for felonies; adjudicated "mental defectives" or those who have been involuntarily committed to mental institutions; illegal drug users; illegal aliens and most non-immigrant aliens; dishonorably discharged veterans; those who have renounced their U.S. citizenship; fugitives from justice; persons convicted of misdemeanor crimes of domestic violence; and persons subject to domestic violence restraining orders) from transporting legally acquired firearms across state lines for lawful purposes. Therefore, no federal permit is required (or available) for the interstate transportation of firearms.

Many states and localities have laws governing the transportation of firearms. Travelers must be aware of these laws and comply with legal requirements in each jurisdiction. There is no uniform state transportation procedure for firearms. If in doubt, a traveler should carry firearms unloaded, locked in a case, and stored in an area (such as a trunk or attached toolbox) where they are inaccessible from a vehicle's passenger compartment and not visible from outside the vehicle. Any ammunition should be stored in a separate locked container.

Angered_Kabar

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Kansas City :(
    Just find out what Arkansas's laws are.

A quick look shows that you should be more concerned about how you carry your handguns than longguns.

To be safe I'd just keep them unloaded in the trunk.

tomhall75

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Fort Worth
    I've called several of the Arkansas DPS offices to no avail. I know the ATF is cool with it. I'm concerned about the State's laws. Its Arkansas so its probably fine, but probably isn't enough when we're talking jail. I'm going to keep trying.

Top Bottom