Rumor mongering concerning trucker slowdown

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AcidFlashGordon, Oct 10, 2013.

1. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon TGT Addict

Obama to call out National Guard to close I-495 tomorrow? | Freedom Leadership Conference

Someone is giving Obastard and the federal government too much credit...and power....for this bit of activity. Unless I miss my guess (and I've missed on MULTIPLE occasions in my life), the National Guard is under the express control of the individual state governors unless they're "nationalized" by the federal government. I saw nothing in this article about the federal government doing that so all this is speculation, bullshit and rumor/fear mongering.

2. Blind Sniper

Blind Sniper Well-Known

Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    So, the DOT's response to part of a highway being used to stage a protest is to simply shut down the entire fucking highway, and in doing so inconvenience God only knows how many people?

Yeah, that makes PERFECT sense! :rolleyes:

If the local DOT is serious, that shit needs to be stopped. If this guy is just cranking up another rumor mill, he needs to be removed from the internet and all forms of media.

3. Southpaw

Southpaw SUPER OWNER TGT Supporter

Mar 30, 2009
    Texas

+1

If true and if they were to shut it down, then the threat of protest would have been more effective then actually being on the highway protesting, no?

4. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    thats one way of looking at it

5. kusai

kusai Well-Known

Oct 30, 2011
    Bedford TX
    I smell something burning, oh nevermind its just our country.

6. XinTX

XinTX Well-Known

Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I smell some Bravo Sierra in this story. As Flash said, the National Guard belongs to the states. So the states would have to agree to send them for this purpose. I just don't see that happening.

7. cbigclarke

cbigclarke TGT Addict

Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Md. would send troops.

I wouldnt worry about it either way. Truckers doing anything together is about the equivalent of black unity

8. Greg_TX

Greg_TX Well-Known

Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Follow the link to the xpost of the article on RedState and check the comments... The article was apparently a poor attempt at satire.