• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Obama to call out National Guard to close I-495 tomorrow? | Freedom Leadership Conference

Someone is giving Obastard and the federal government too much credit...and power....for this bit of activity. Unless I miss my guess (and I've missed on MULTIPLE occasions in my life), the National Guard is under the express control of the individual state governors unless they're "nationalized" by the federal government. I saw nothing in this article about the federal government doing that so all this is speculation, bullshit and rumor/fear mongering.
    Lynx Defense

Blind Sniper

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2013
    Bay City, MI
    So, the DOT's response to part of a highway being used to stage a protest is to simply shut down the entire fucking highway, and in doing so inconvenience God only knows how many people?

Yeah, that makes PERFECT sense! :rolleyes:

If the local DOT is serious, that shit needs to be stopped. If this guy is just cranking up another rumor mill, he needs to be removed from the internet and all forms of media.

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    So, the DOT's response to part of a highway being used to stage a protest is to simply shut down the entire fucking highway, and in doing so inconvenience God only knows how many people?

Yeah, that makes PERFECT sense! :rolleyes:

+1

If true and if they were to shut it down, then the threat of protest would have been more effective then actually being on the highway protesting, no?

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    I smell some Bravo Sierra in this story. As Flash said, the National Guard belongs to the states. So the states would have to agree to send them for this purpose. I just don't see that happening.

cbigclarke

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    cypress
    Md. would send troops.

I wouldnt worry about it either way. Truckers doing anything together is about the equivalent of black unity

Greg_TX

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2009
    Klein, TX
    Follow the link to the xpost of the article on RedState and check the comments... The article was apparently a poor attempt at satire.

Top Bottom