Gun Zone Deals

RUSSIAN-Made Tula Arsenal TOZ-63 DOUBLE-BARREL??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Friends,

I've been offered a SxS 16 gauge double-barrel shotgun w/hammers (in NRA Excellent condition) made by TULA Arsenal in 1964-65 at a good price.
    The stock appears to be European BEECH, rather than walnut. The barrels are 26.5" The bores are hard chrome.

Anyone have one of these & care to tell me about it for upland hunting??
    (Fwiw, I'm a fan of the old-school style hammer guns & this one is sturdy & inexpensive enough for hunting the brush country. - If it gets "dinged up"scratched I won't weep at the low price.)

THANKS for reading this.

yours, satx
    Texas SOT

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    A friend had a 12-gauge one, he loved it. I can't say much else about them, but they looked cool to me.

Eli

Eli,

I was told last evening in an email from a member of another hunting forum that these particular TOZ63 DBs were formerly the property of a "game warden sort of Eastern Europe department" & were surplused-off by that organization to be replaced with a newer model.
    (He has NOT seen this shotgun but said that the one that he bought is GOOD QUALITY though it is "not as fancy" as an expensive DB would be. = He described these shotguns as "sturdy" & "serviceable".)

For hunting in the South TX brush country OR in my native NETX swamps/river bottoms, I don't need "fancy".

yours, tex

Last edited:

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    I would hang on to anything Russian. With Billary bringing up the false narrative that she lost due to Russian collusion, Trump banned all imports. That is why my Molot Veper will not be for sale. :)

KingArthur777,

UNDERSTOOD & AGREED.

IMO, anyone who believes anything that a DIMocRAT says, much less Hillary ROTTEN Clinton, is a FOOL of the first class.
    (I wouldn't trust HRC if she claimed that it's DARK at night, W/O going outside to look, as she LIES even when the TRUTH would serve her cause better.)

Btw, this particular DB appears to be a "depot queen" that spent these over 50 years in an arms rack, rather than being issued for use.

yours, satx

Top Bottom