• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • London

The advocate's Devil.
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 28, 2010
    Twilight Zone
    You guys are underestimating their naval power. Sure, we have massive nuclear-powered "Floating cities," but Iran has a boat for every 6 seamen! They'll outmaneuver us with the ease of a swarm of flies!

Now if they can just get more than 17 people in their Navy...

I seriously have to wonder what they think they can accomplish with those bath-toys aside from maybe boarding a few of our commercial vessels all Somali Pirate style.

mosin

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    Laredo
    Good grief I thought it was just 'muricah-strong talk but they are actual complete heaps of crap. Shocking they made it to our coast.

iamsamcrawdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Aransas Pass
    we had a run in with these fucktards on 06 January in 2008. USS Ingraham, Hopper and Port Royal in the straits of Hormuz. our Capitan at the time was begging for Weapons release since they broke the minimum distance. they also dropped a few white boxes in front of my ship (last in line of the 3) and then made threats that we would explode. when we made it into Bahrain, NCIS came along and confiscated anyone's devices that had media of footage of the event. one of the guys off the Hopper leaked it and you can see it on YouTube. bunch of speed boats with 50cal ad RPG's.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Captain begging for weapons release. What has our military become? Isn't that how the USS Cole got hit? Small boats got too close.

For those of you non mil types, a Naval captain is a high rank.

iamsamcrawdad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    Aransas Pass
    Cole was doing stores on load and refueling at anchor when they got basically ambushed. 5th fleet is top dog over in haji land and you don't do shit without permission. that's the sad fact.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Cole was doing stores on load and refueling at anchor when they got basically ambushed. 5th fleet is top dog over in haji land and you don't do shit without permission. that's the sad fact.

Right. I know Cole was taking on supplies but small boats got too close. I suppose Big Navy has to walk a fine line between using weapons to deter approach vs triggering a regional war.

Most folks dont realize all the games that are played between our Navy and Air Force and hostile countries.

I dont know what our current national policy is with Iran. Seems its being rewritten like Obamacare.

AcidFlashGordon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sounds like they should mysteriously sink, in the deep blue ocean.

News story .... Iranian naval ships sink in the Bermuda Triangle.

What? They weren't near the Triangle?
    Oh, OK. Then they hit a reef.
    What? They weren't that close to land?
    Oh, OK. The Miami Yacht Club sent a go-fast boat out and sank the Iranian naval ships.

Acera

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2011
    Republic of Texas
    Got to remember the type of folks they have over there. This could be a move to stir up their population against us all over again. If those ships run into trouble, sink, etc. we get blamed. They will use anything, including out and out lies, to stir up their nut jobs on US hate. Our best course of action might be keep a close eye on them and assist in any way if they need it. Don't give them any reason to graduate another class of suicide bombers that believe the crap they are fed about our country.

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    Got to remember the type of folks they have over there. This could be a move to stir up their population against us all over again. If those ships run into trouble, sink, etc. we get blamed. They will use anything, including out and out lies, to stir up their nut jobs on US hate. Our best course of action might be keep a close eye on them and assist in any way if they need it. Don't give them any reason to graduate another class of suicide bombers that believe the crap they are fed about our country.

They dont need another reason. They breed those suicide bombers everyday. I vote not to assist them in any way, whether they need it or not. They came to prove a point. I say let them fail at their own costs.

mroper

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Katy, TX
    The Last time one of those ships messed with us it almost got sunk by an (singular) A-6 intruder. I dont think the Navy is really worried about them.

Top Bottom