• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Daley_G

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2021
    Cypress
    I took the RV to Campingworld
    There's your first mistake. Seriously, there are numerous claims, statements and YT videos about their shady practices. I'm genuinely curious if you actually witnessed the alleged hail damage or if they pulled one over on you (and the insurance company).
    My wife and I went to Campingworld again to purchase another RV.
    Mistake #2. Adding to what I wrote above, their parent company recently reported record earnings despite what the rest of economy is suffering through.

Your title in this post says "Thinking I may have to lawyer up". Please do, and share your results (and this story) everywhere you can. They have a long history of exactly this sort of treatment and the more people that know, the better.

Short story: Borrowed a pop-up from my BIL that he bought "new" from CW. On the way from his house to mine, a wheel flew off at 70MPH on I-99. Thank God it didn't hit anything. Got it towed to my house (because it was closer) so I could do the necessary repairs. As I climbed under it, I saw the tell-tale yellow writing on the USED AXLE. It's that incident that caused me to look into this company.

Axxe55

Ultimate Keyboard Warrior!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas
    I'd go back, get your money back, tell CampingWorld to Phuck the hell off and find a different RV dealer with better customer service.

Your RV was in their possession when damages occurred that totalled it. They also failed to inform you after the damages occurred. The parts should have been sent back as soon as they arrived. They Knew your RV was totalled and the parts were no longer needed.

GeorgeS

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2018
    San Antonio
    Was the totaled RV removed from CampingWorld's lot after the insurance paid off? If so, they knew you no longer owned it and had no use for the parts. They probably forgot, received the parts, and are stuck with them.

Otto_Mation

Low Speed, High Drag
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2020
    W. TX
    Let's see if I've got this right.

You took your camper to them for repair.
    While in their care it got damaged and totaled.
    They neglected to cancel parts through their own incompetence.
    You went to them to buy a replacement camper and they refused to sell it to you because of their incompetence.

I would be mad as hell and I hope that you sue the shit out of them.
    ETA: and use the winnings to buy a bigger, nicer camper elsewhere.

Last edited:

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Let's see if I've got this right.

You took your camper to them for repair.
    While in their care it got damaged and totaled.
    They neglected to cancel parts through their own incompetence.
    You went to them to buy a replacement camper and they refused to sell it to you because their incompetence.

I would be mad as hell and I hope that you sue the shit out of them.
    In short, yes; that is EXACTLY what happened.

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    There's your first mistake....I'm genuinely curious if you actually witnessed the alleged hail damage or if they pulled one over on you (and the insurance company).
    Yes, I saw the damage. It was considerable.
    I had time to remove my effects from the RV after the claim labeled it as totaled.

Mistake #2. Adding to what I wrote above, their parent company recently reported record earnings despite what the rest of economy is suffering through.
    Honestly, I have never had issues with anyone RV related, including Camping Word. This is the first (and really the last time) I get involved with them. Unfortunately, there isn't an abundance of RV repair garages in the El Paso area to make repairs like I needed. For Jayco's, they are pretty much the only game in town that I was able to find.

Your title in this post says "Thinking I may have to lawyer up". Please do, and share your results (and this story) everywhere you can. They have a long history of exactly this sort of treatment and the more people that know, the better.
    I just want everything to go back to normal. We use our RV all the time for all road trips.
    I found a lawyer that will consult with us. I have to make arrangements this afternoon to check on what my obligations are on our insurance claims.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    your lawyer is going to cost more than 12K if it goes to court.

Contact your insurance company and have them deal with it. You pay them to take care of this shit.

I would also have them stop payment on the check for repairs. If not to late.

Your insurance company has 1000000X more clout to camping world when they say you will be removed from our approved vendor list.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    your lawyer is going to cost more than 12K if it goes to court.

Contact your insurance company and have them deal with it. You pay them to take care of this shit.

I would also have them stop payment on the check for repairs. If not to late.

Your insurance company has 1000000X more clout to camping world when they say you will be removed from our approved vendor list.
    True. But Texas has loser pays. If he wins, he can get the attorney fees back. But there is a risk.

Top Bottom