• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    It is all coming to a head this morning.
    This whole debacle should have a determination later today.

I spoke with the insurance company this morning. They pretty much said that all of the funds I have in my possession have been accounted for, and all closing checks they mailed out to me were carefully taken into consideration. They do not want any funds back from me, because they knew no service was going to take place.

My adjuster stated that CW knew that special ordered parts should have been canceled; because THEY (CW) provided them with the second estimate after the hail damage totaled the RV. She also stated that they discussed it specifically once the RV was considered totaled. There should be no reason why they should be asking me for owed money.

I'll post the results.
    DK Firearms

Ozzman

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 17, 2015
    El Paso, Texas
    Just received a call from CW.

They stated that I do not owe anything for parts or services, and this whole thing was a big miscommunication between Farmers and their service department. All ordered parts can be absorbed back into inventory without any additional costs to them.

The manager apologized, and they would be "happy to continue working with me on my next RV purchase".
    I told him "thanks, and I would think about it". The insurance company has yet to call me to confirm.

I'm heading to Holiday World in Las Cruces on Saturday.
    They have another one there of the model we like. Just found out that I will pay fewer taxes on it if we buy it there in NM.
    Go figure.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm

They stated that I do not owe anything for parts or services, and this whole thing was a big miscommunication between Farmers and their service department. All ordered parts can be absorbed back into inventory without any additional costs to them.

The manager apologized, and they would be "happy to continue working with me on my next RV purchase".
    I told him "thanks, and I would think about it". The insurance company has yet to call me to confirm.

They have another one there of the model we like. Just found out that I will pay fewer taxes on it if we buy it there in NM.
    Go figure.
    I think the difference is .06%. Buy a beer.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin

Go figure.
    Good news

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas

Go figure.
    That's good news, but I'd tell them miscommunication cost them a sale.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    lol you owe us 9k

opppsssieeee our mistake if your going to cause a stink about it we will forget it.

but on the other hand if you were just going to give it to us THANKS!!!!!

Hey we lowered the price on that RV you were looking at 1500 :)

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Gents,

I ran into a predicament earlier this year regarding my RV. Let me know what you think.
    Here is the timeline of the events:

Early March 2022
    - I took the family on an Arizona RV road trip for spring break. On our way home, while parking the RV under our covered patio we managed to sideswipe our palm tree which caused damage to the RV steps and a large tear in the awning. I made arrangements with the insurance company to get the process started on getting repairs done. I took the RV to Campingworld the next day and gave them the insurance information and agreement to make the necessary repairs.
    - They let me know that a new awning will take approximately 4 months to arrive since they didn't have any in inventory at the time and shipping for such parts was in high demand but very slow. Thus, I left my RV there with them to make the necessary repairs. I received a check from the insurance company for the cost of the repairs that were going to take place.

Followed up a few weeks later (April 4th or 5th), but still no action on the RV

Followed up on May 24th, 2022
    - while checking on the status of the RV, they let me know that my RV sustained CONSIDERABLE damage on 04/26/2022
    - I was unaware of this, and a little upset that I was just being informed; but apparently they had a major hailstorm on 04/26, and skylights were busted in, AC housing was completely destroyed, aluminum siding was severely dimpled, and some glass was cracked.
    - Camping world explained that I would need to issue a NEW claim on my insurance; since they are not responsible for damages while on their lot.
    - I made a second claim, and by early June 2022, I received a call from my insurance that the adjuster deemed the RV as a total loss since there was now considerable water damage inside the cabin, and the cost of repairs was almost 90% of the overall value of the RV itself.

June 27, 2022
    - I received a letter and a check from my insurance company and the lender that the RV was completely paid off, and the remaining balance was provided to me as well.
    - There were some dollars left that could be used as a down payment toward a replacement RV.

August 6, 2022
    - My wife and I went to Campingworld again to purchase another RV.
    - We found the one we wanted and started the process of securing the purchase
    - I put the money down (from the insurance company) to get the rate locked in and started contacting my insurance again to get this new RV.

While waiting, the manager of the store comes to meet us in the back stating, "sir, we have a problem", and "I don't think we can sell you this RV today."
    The manager says that he recognized my name and said that I owed him over $9,500 still for services and parts ordered for my previous RV. Apparently, the parts from the previous RV came on July 28th.

I was completely confused and stated that the work never took place on my previous RV since it was totaled in May of this year.
    After a few minutes of discussing, he agreed that no work took place, but we were still responsible for the parts that came in (approximately $5500)...

I said, "NO, the RV was totaled two months ago, and I no longer have any need for parts for an RV no longer in my possession."

I would be willing for restocking fees (that is fair), but it appears that the manager is hard-pressed to get 100% of the part fees.
    I don't need these parts any longer nor do I believe I need to pay for something I don't want anymore.

Let me know your opinions folks.
    Am I wrong to not pay (obligated) for parts for an RV that no longer exists?
    Manager needs to punched repeatedly in the dick.

GasGuzzler

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 19, 2018
    Cooke County, TX
    I thought TX is 8.25% and Dona Anna NM is 8.19. Hope it is 6.25%.
    Sales tax on vehicles in Texas is 6.25%. It is not the same as sales tax on other merchandise.
    It don’t matter the difference, when you go to register it in Texas, the tax man sorts the difference and lets you make it right.

It does "matter the difference" (0.06% versus 6.25%) as with using a $40K trailer as an example, the former is $24 in tax and the latter is $2500.

mongoose

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    nm
    Sales tax on vehicles in Texas is 6.25%. It is not the same as sales tax on other merchandise.

It does "matter the difference" (0.06% versus 6.25%) as with using a $40K trailer as an example, the former is $24 in tax and the latter is $2500.
    So, what is the difference between TX and NM.?

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013

And when you register it in TX the taxman will be picking up that $2476

Top Bottom