APOD Firearms

Ryan caved in: House to vote on gun control, GOA urges to write congressman.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    If I have to write my congressman who doesn't give a damn every time this shit happens then the entire system is broken. We already knew that though.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    Not quite as worried he caved on this vote as much as I'm worried as if this isn't a sign of things to come under weak leadership.

I don't think the votes are there for gun control right now. I also don't think Ryan has the balls to push any Republican agenda.

Heck, the conservative republicans might be the ones staging the next sit in of Ryan's tenure so they can be heard.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    Because,
    The next panic buy didn't happen after Orlando.

They think we're soft. Or weary.
    Too stupid to realize we're stocked up.

Get ready. Stay ready.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    If they vote every week, I will take a couple minutes every week to write. Doing nothing solves nothing.

XinTX

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    South of Houston
    This cave in by Ryan is unbelievable.

First, the fervor, limited as it was for gun control after Orlando, has pretty much died among all except those who wanted gun control anyway. So no reason for any vote now.
    Second, it was already tried (and failed) in the Senate. Four bills. All failed.
    Third, it validates the temper tantrum tactics of the Dhimocrats and their 'sit in'.
    Fourth, it's a no win situation. If a bill passes, we the people lose. If it fails, the Dhims will use it as a campaign meme that it could have passed without all the Repugs who are "in the pocket of the NRA".

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    If it fails, the Dhims will use it as a campaign meme that it could have passed without all the Repugs who are "in the pocket of the NRA".

Actually, if it fails, you won't hear much from the Democrats as it's a Republican sponsored bill that Democrat leadership is against voting for. If it fails, which I believe is the plan, and they get to loud, the Republicans will use it against them rather then the other way around.

With that said, we've still written our letters and submitted them for what that is worth.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Writing my ultra lefty congressman would be a waste of time. Where's a gerrymander when you need one.
    That is why you have an ultra lefty congressman in the first place. If it weren't for gerrymandering then "representatives" would have to find more middle ground.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Took less than a minute to call 202-225-9191 (House Rules Committee) and ask to go on record as opposing HR 5611 this morning.

Top Bottom