• ...and so much more!
  • motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    I say LOCK HER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Speaker Paul Ryan said Wednesday he is willing to hold former FBI attorney Lisa Page in contempt of Congress if she continues defying a congressional subpoena to answer questions about anti-Donald Trump text message exchanges.

“I am very disturbed by this,” Ryan told reporters at a news conference. “Congressional subpoenas for testimony are not optional. ... She was a part of a mess that they have uncovered over at DOJ. She has an obligation to come testify.”

Ryan later added: “If she wants to come plead the Fifth, that’s her choice. But a subpoena to testify before Congress is not optional. It’s mandatory. She needs to comply.”

Congress should invoke Inherent Contempt.

Inherent contempt. From the Republic’s earliest days, Congress has had the right to hold recalcitrant witnesses in contempt — and even imprison them — all by itself. In 1795, shortly after the Constitution was ratified, the House ordered its sergeant at arms to arrest and detain two men accused of trying to bribe members of Congress. The House held a trial and convicted one of them.

In 1821, the Supreme Court upheld Congress’s right to hold people in contempt and imprison them. Without this power, the court ruled, Congress would “be exposed to every indignity and interruption, that rudeness, caprice, or even conspiracy, may mediate against it.” Later, in a 1927 case arising from the Teapot Dome scandal, the court upheld the Senate’s arrest of the brother of a former attorney general — carried out in Ohio by the deputy sergeant at arms — for ignoring a subpoena to testify.
    Gun Zone Deals

TAZ

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Round Rock
    Who cares? They aren’t going to DO anything but flap their gums. I don’t see Holder running about in fear since he was found in contempt of Congress.

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    As motorcarman said, they need to put some bite into their bark! Start by locking them up for a good long while. Any American can come plead the fifth (it’s their right); but to ignore a congressional subpoena ought to have consequences. They just don’t want to go through the public embarrassment of ‘pleading the fifth’ with television cameras rolling!

Last edited:

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    All Ryan is good for is acting tough...and with that he sounds like a Tide Pod eating hipster. In fact he reminds me of Matt Best playing a liberal. Now if Gowdy was speaker those words may have a little more bite.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    The government’s authority, and power to compel, doesn’t apply to the political class, or those shielded by their attorneys.

If one of us peons did half the shit these folks did (or don’t do), the result would be far different and orders of magnitude worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

mwrookie

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 2, 2018
    IL
    The government’s authority, and power to compel, doesn’t apply to the political class, or those shielded by their attorneys.

If one of us peons did half the shit these folks did (or don’t do), the result would be far different and orders of magnitude worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    absolutely

Southpaw

Forum BSer
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 30, 2009
    Guadalupe Co.
    source.gif

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    To Congress-critter Ryan & All:

Lisa Page should be JAILED until she testifies FULLY & TRUTHFULLY under oath & placed in general population at the DC City Jail.

Imo, it's LONG past time to stop pussyfooting around & hit her where it hurts. - I suspect that a few days of eating jail food & rubbing elbows with hookers, drug users, murderers & thieves will get her attention.

yours, satx

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    FBI, Hillary are above the law and nothing has been nor will be done. The little ho needs to drop to her knees and thank that I am not the guy in charge. It would go something like this:

Book her Dano, Contempt 1. Put her in the cell with Linda "Butch' TongueHard, she need some fresh meat ever since Reno died off no one has come to see her.

Top Bottom